Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$1000] #290 | Select Multiple List Entries | Requires: #50
Price: $1000

Description: Our current GUI library can generate a list of selected entries, thus allowing you to select multiple entries from a list. In practice, this is no good because the list only contains the text of the list entry. However, with Bounty #50, we can store hidden index values in the list, and in doing so, we can modify the multiple selection system to use the index rather than the text.

What does this mean for you? We will allow you to select multiple entries and then click a button performs an action in places where it makes sense. As it is now, you would have to click an entry and then click a button for each entry you want to apply the action on.

One example is moving vehicles to the Auto Production restriction list. Other examples are selecting which models you want to refit or what designs you want to end production of.

Requirements: #50

Required By: None

Concerns: There might not be enough lists for this system to justify the costs. This feature might introduce more bugs or not work the way we intend.

I will have some additional work handling errors, like when you try to discontinue a design that is in use.

Eric's Opinion: Yet another feature that should be standard in a GUI library, but it doesn't work well in the one we have. This bounty could have some use in some places. It would be a massive QoL, but I believe I have designed around the need for multiple selections in most lists already.

Links:  It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$1000] #290 | Select Multiple List Entries | Requires: #50 - by Eric.B - 07-14-2022, 12:01 AM