Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[$400] #171 | Fleet Fuel Regulations | Requires: #68
Price: $400

Description: In much of the industrialized world, governments require vehicle manufacturers to sell vehicles that meet or exceed a specific fuel economy standard. This bounty adds those regulations to the game.

Nations with high emissions regulations will break fuel consumption regulations into three groups: cars, light trucks, and heavy vehicles.

Based on those categories, the game will average the fuel consumption of vehicles in each marque. If the fuel consumption is worse than the requirement, you will be fined based on the difference.

This bounty will require us to create a new report showing your average fleet consumption for a nation. This report should be accessible via the branch distribution window and the normal reports.

Requirements: #68

Required By: None

Concerns: Giving the player the information about the requirements for each nation might end up with too much micromanagement and cumbersome UI. I can think of a few places to stick the information. It's just a matter of the player looking there.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty adds another dimension to the game's regulatory system. It forces players to make more fuel-efficient vehicles if they sell over a certain number of models, thus making the game a much more realistic industry simulation. It has been one of the most important factors in the US auto industry alone in the last 20 years.

I have discounted this bounty in the hopes that it gets funded.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[$400] #171 | Fleet Fuel Regulations | Requires: #68 - by Eric.B - 04-13-2022, 04:09 PM