Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ideas
Every Airline simulation has it's own level of realism. The problem is, if you get too realistic and take everything on a day by day case, you will cause the game to be unstable when people decide to expand like crazy or have many competitors.

1. Time: I like the month by month time frame such as in Gear City. Ive seen other sims take it quarterly, but I feel that the game goes way too fast.

2. AI: AI should be competitive but not over or under powered. there will also need to be parameters for different types of airlines. Spirit is a ultra-low cost airlines, while southwest is a low cost. there is a difference, and then there is our full service airlines like American or Delta.

3. Manufactures: I Like the idea in another thread but I think his initial idea is not what this game would be about (though that would be a neat new sim) I think there should be 4 ways to get planes.
1.Direct Purchase: Directly Purchase from the manufactures
2.Lease(both used and new): Shorter Delivery if deliverered new and used can be obtained immediately. (may or may not be canceled, if so, at a premium unless it passes a certain timeframe)
3.Used: Used Planes on the market(varying condition and Mechanical records :O)
4.Loan: Similar to lease, but is meant to pay off the plane so prices can be somewhat higher per month and can be canceled(at a premium)

I also Like the idea of influencing capacities of aircraft as that is what shaped many early airliners. Maybe allow for a base model that allows users to but a sub code for a special order (737-800ER, 737-800EC(extra capacity), 737-800ES(extra speed), 737-80EP (Enhanced Powerplant). Each extra development requested will require a fee for research and dev. or a minimum order.

3. Maintenance: Location, Location, Location! You can use the local shop for a premium, you could fly it to the manufactures nearest facilaty, you could use your own In-House Center, or use a competitor's if an agreement is shared or in an alliance(if the alliance offers this option).

4. Game Zone: Just want to fly through NA, or only in Europe? there should be an option that allows you to control the playing zone.

5. Hubs Hubs gain connecting traffic as routes expand, but can also be affected by direct routes that may bypass a hub. Maintenance and Airport fess are decreased. Traffic bonus.
Maybe a calc on the % of passengers by a region such as a plane from Europe arrives and say ...

20% are at their final Destination
20% are to U.S. East Coast (includes Regional)
15% Central U.s.
10% Caribbean
5% Latin America
10% U.S. West Coast
10% Canada
5% South America
5% Random

If the decision is made to allow airport expansions, airlines should be able to purchase or built terminals at hub airports.

Messages In This Thread
My Ideas - by Technotron3 - 03-27-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 03-28-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: My Ideas - by shadow - 03-31-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 03-31-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Frankschtaldt - 03-31-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 04-01-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: My Ideas - by shadow - 04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 04-02-2015, 01:26 AM