Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WONT]Localization and related expenses
(04-17-2014, 10:47 PM)Arakash Wrote: Yeah, its a solution which i would describe as pretty makeshift, but im always keen to try and suggest ways of implementing things with current mechanics, even if its just brainstorming.

I still think your original solution is a far cleaner way of doing it.

I asked Eric a Q on IRC about the country based stuff and i think it confirmed my suspicion that they don't really exist as entities. This is going to make several of the other suggestions that are country based more difficult to implement imo.

I think it could be applied in a way that would look a lot like my original idea.
Keep the list of design rules from my original idea but rather than introducing a new system to keep track of them simply make cities demand their design rule with not having it causing zero demand.
The down side to this is that the only clue that you forgot to check the right box will be your cars not selling rather than actually getting a proper "You can't sell here because you don't meet the design rules" warning.
As for the lack of cities as an entity. That's a bit of a bummer. I guess you could just give the regions as they exist their own design rules. It's not particularly accurate but it's closer to reality than nothing at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Localization and related expenses - by Frankschtaldt - 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM