Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[WONT]Auto wage/hire default off?
(03-22-2014, 12:23 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 12:17 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 11:47 PM)Arakash Wrote: I would prefer to have it kept as default on.
In the vast majority of the games ive played, unless im under severe financial stress, i prefer not to micromanage wages, so i leave it on.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I meant start the game with it off. The reason being, when you start you have no vehicles to sell, so leaving it on means hiring and paying expensive branch and advertising staff which is a major financial burden for a company that has to survive for up to 18 months with no source of income.

This would obviously be a null issue if you started with finished vehicles.
No i believe i understood you fine, correct me if im wrong here:
afaik we are discussing whether the auto wage/hire buttons should be off by default at game start.

It is a financial burden, but as i said, unless im under extreme financial stress, i prefer to leave it on at all times(including the start). Personally i dont enjoy the micromanagement burden it forces on me.
So in most games, even at the start as you mention, i still leave it on. So from my perspective, i dont really want to have to turn it on every game.

As a secondary point to support leaving it on by default, i think in the interest of making the experience easier for new players, it should be left on so they dont accidentally make any staff mistakes(like to turn it on, forgetting staff or messing up the process).
Once the players are more comfortable and familiar with the game, they can adjust and modify it as they like.

its not a micromanagement burden to have it off at game start though.

Having it off forces you to press one button twice and that it!

You set up research for your components and click the "Fill research" button. End turn until your components are finished then set up your vehicles, hit "Fill research" again then end turn till a vehicle is finished.

At this point you turn auto hire/wage back on. You've saved in excess if $100k in wages for clicking a button twice and two check boxes twice. Having them default off will reduce the number of clicks by a third and teach new players not to waste money on hiring people they don't have jobs for!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Eric.B - 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Eric.B - 03-21-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-21-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Frankschtaldt - 03-22-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 04:40 AM