Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Modifying components
(02-02-2014, 08:18 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: This is both a question and a suggestion but more the latter which is why it's here.

Q. How does modifying components work now? It brings up a list of all of your components in the category you're looking at and when you click on one you get a message along the lines of "Our engineers estimate they can improve this part by xx% for $xxxxx.xx" but nothing seems to happen when you hit the button?

S. I suggest that it would be better if the component modification worked like making new model year and new trims of vehicles does. That way, if you wanted to make a hot version of a car alongside the normal one you could "modify" your engine by simply upgrading aspiration and fuel type (assuming that's how valve trains eventually get implemented) and maybe bump a few sliders up rather than having to design an entirely new engine.
The same thing would be handy for improving components before building a new model year of one of your cars.

1) There are a certain amount of times a design can be refined by your design time. Each time you "modify" the component this cost will increase and the amount of improvement will decrease. Eventually this becomes a zero-sum game as the design will not be improvable thus you're better off just building a new design.

Ratings of said component will increase the amount shown. Costs are factored in at the end of turn.

S) Such an idea seems reasonable, but in reality how much different is it than just designing a new block? Adding an extra layer of buttons to click through seems like a bit much... The reason the trim/model year system is how it is, is because of the additional need to design the physical vehicle.

I think a better way to go about it would be to add a "clone existing component" button to the already suggested "Slider Summery" window. This reduces the work and gui for both you and me! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Arakash - 02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Eric.B - 02-02-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-03-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Geredis - 02-04-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Sarchez - 02-03-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-13-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: [FIXED]Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-14-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: [FIXED]Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-17-2015, 05:46 AM