Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers
Another question on the stock and business model.

I decided to buy stocks from local companies in my area which had declining stock prices. My thinking on this was that the income stream that the companies made on my stock purchase would allow them to stay afloat, but my better cars, production, etc. would still make me the #1 company in the region. Then when I had enough stock I could buy them outright.... or could I? It seems that I was stuck at buying 75% of all open shares for a company. I am not sure how to buy out a company and take control.... I see the TAKEOVER button but that seems like a cheat to take another company's cash and assets and roll them into yours. I want to do a hostile takeover the good old fashion way... Smile

I also did not see the way to do a merger where two companies decide collectively to become one, whether or not each Marquees is kept or rolled into one... if this is modeled I did not see how to do it. If not, it would be cool to see. A friendly merger could be a cool thing... maybe the controlling company fires you as CEO? That would be a cool end game scenario... just saying.

man I love the game...

Messages In This Thread
Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by geozero - 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by Arakash - 01-10-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by Eric.B - 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by geozero - 01-11-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by Eric.B - 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by geozero - 01-11-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Stocks, Mergers and Takeovers - by Eric.B - 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM