Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Viewing Factories, Cost vs revenue, etc
I can't pull up the game right now because I'm doing clean recompiles of it. Takes like an hour on my computer.

You should be able to see transport cost one of two ways. The sure way is in the sales book, click expenses, then change the combo to transport cost. The other way Is in the world map, click the branch then click view details (I believe)

1) I"m beginning to think a feasibility study system needs to be implemented. As of now, there is no way to predetermine the cost. Maybe I should make a way to do it in the sales book for a cost. It'll probably include some sort of shipping cost calculator, Expected unit sales, etc. I'll look into it.

2) Branches will always pull from the closest factory. So in your situation, New York would pull from Boston then Buenos Aires. In early 1900 it's not supposed to be feasible to do this kind of shipping. Exportation of vehicles overseas didn't become popular until after World War II. In most cases, prewar manufacturing would take place semi locally. This is why for example Ford built plants in Europe in 1911 rather than ship them. The other common option was to license out models to other manufacturers overseas to build.

Check out this thread for more ideas: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...ight=limit
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viewing Factories, Cost vs revenue, etc - by Eric.B - 01-11-2014, 11:59 AM