Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Vehicle Sales while still making a profit
(01-01-2014, 12:49 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(01-01-2014, 12:21 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I thought I'd give my self a shot at beating you.

Of course, I'm playing a different version, and playing on hard, so I'm at a disadvantage...
I didn't make it to 1907, went bankrupt due to a loan payment bug... (sigh more things to fix)

I suck at my own game:

I should probably put in the first post its on normal, ill edit that in.
Im a bit terrified of Hard after an earlier game i played on it. The higher expenses mean my usual reckless overproducing can (and did) kill me.
So imo hard difficulty is quite a handicap you set for yourself.

On your vehicle, you could probably reduce its fuel efficiency without hurting sales couldn't you? Im not American but afaik 100mpg is amazing already, let alone 130-150.
Model T was around 30 the Wiki says.

Whats its production cost? I think mine started around 200-250(i honestly don't really remember) but is 106 now. That let me set my sales price quite low(500-600) from the beginning.

I go to R&D view vehicle and it will show you your production cost per unit.

I also started with pricing cars just a couple of hundred over cost... then discovered that if I priced them at $1000-$1500 over cost they actually sold better and I made a profit. Seems odd.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Vehicle Sales while still making a profit - by geozero - 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM