Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details
Thanks for the help, everyone. I've been doing pretty well by making cheap cars, now. Around 1900 I had a boom of sales with over 1000 sales a month with my first two cars, a compact and a minicar(I produced more compacts). Both were worth roughly 400$ to make, and I was selling them for 900$ as I mentioned.

Then around 1905 I made a mistake that almost costed me bankrupcy, I made two cars which weren't too popular because they weren't as cheap(still sort of cheap, but nowhere as close), I think they costed 900$ to make and 1500$ to sell, but either way they didn't go so well, because I overdid with the overall material price.

But by 1908 I started making a new car which was worth roughly 350$ to make, and by 1909 I made a even cheaper new model year of my first compact. Both were compact this time around. They were done shortly after I had to get a loan to avoid bankrupcy due to the last failure, but I went all or nothing and sold them for 1000$ each, while producing them in every production line I had(roughly 15 lines by then, since I sold factories to avoid bankrupcy by 1905). The result was a crazy success, I was getting 800,000$ or more a month.

Then I made a new factory, slightly bigger than my first one, in Paris(yes I was in London at first). Started producing a car by 1910, which was done in 1911 or 1912, roughly. It had a new engine, chassis, and gearbox, which were all cheaper than 200$(heck, the chassis was only 45$, and the gearbox was below 100$ as well), for a total production price of 400$. It was better than the other ones for everything though. It had 100km/L fuel consumption due to higher quality materials and was comfy due to higher quality interiors. So I placed every production line in Paris to make it, and surprisingly, it sold almost all of it. I got a profit of 3,000,000$ on that month.

So, to put a long story short, since this isn't the place to tell how my games went, I got an extremely successful company after following most of your tips. I did fail a LOT by 1905, but by 1910 I was making the ideal car, cheaper than everything to sell, while still being EVEN cheaper to make and still retaining most quality.

It had 28 horsepower, 100km/L fuel, and many other things. Probably thanks to me discovering that if I only increase one of the two displacement sides(to be exact, the lower one in the menu, forgot its name right now), it increases the horsepower quite a bit without making it super heavy, big, or ruin the fuel consumption. It also did not raise the value too much, so the engine was still roughly 150$.

I'd say my questions are about done, at any rate. If any more questions appear later, I'll post again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details - by Ukir - 04-28-2014, 09:06 AM