Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$600] #209 | Dealer Coverage
Price: $600

Description: In GearCity classic, dealerships add a fixed number of new customers to the buyer pool. But you still had access to most of the buyer pool, even if you only had 1 dealer.

This bounty would set a number of dealerships required to have "full coverage" in a city/location. You will only access a fraction of the buyer pool if you have less than that amount. For example, if you have 2 dealerships and you need 20 to have full coverage, you'll lose out on 90% of the buyer pool. That would reduce your sales by an estimated 90%.

The breakdown will not be as linear, but that example gives a general idea of what happens.

Additional adjustments may occur to dealership growth and the dealer's effect on buyer rating.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: We'll need a good way to inform the user that they don't have enough dealerships in a location. Should we tell the player how many dealerships they need to have full coverage?

I believe there should be dimensioning coverage gains for each dealership. That way, a single dealership still gives you a decent pool of customers, a second dealership more, a 30th dealership much fewer gains.

Eric's Opinion: The current dealership system, while important, isn't realistic. Cities in the game cover a regional area. This bounty would make that more apparent and makes branch dealership growth extremely important.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski