Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [TESTING]Random Crashes/Incorrect Figures/General Bugs I've noticed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally got the chance to play this game extensively last night! biggrin

Anything bug-wise I find I will put here. I have only noticed a handful of bugs so far but just played through the ones I could.

Only issues I've noticed so far are:
1. "Gearcity has stopped working" (randomly but I'll try and see if there is a pattern, returning to office from R&D was the most recent crash)
2. Citys showing as numbers in the "model sales per city"
3. Figures in the funding slider for the race team funding showing with incorrect punctuation. For Example: $1,23,00.7 which should show $123,007 or something similar.

Also are contracts available for engine, gearbox and vehicle sales yet? I cant seem to "assign" a sale price for each under "contract" in R&D? Yet there is a price there already?

Only other thing I have noticed that clicking on "assign" and other buttons sometimes requires 3 or 4 clicks to actually work? I've noticed this mostly with assigning workers/production lines in the factories and/or mega menu.

Anything else I notice I will give accurate methods to recreate them in a step by step format with pics (if possible) and logs if available.

(I downloaded the "full" version under open beta. I presume this is version 1.10 but how can I check? I tried "details" in "properties" (of the shortcut) but no version details were there so how can I check my version for sure? I have not noticed the version anywhere ingame.)

Hope I can be of more help in the comin days!
1) Is a known issue which we'll hopefully take care of in a few versions.

2) Has already been fixed for 1.11

3) Another known issue, I should be able to fix it for 1.11

The chassis/engine/gearbox contracting works, although there is no indication in 1.10 that shows what you're selling. This will be fixed in 1.11. (It's what I'm working on right now actually)

Some assign buttons do not refresh things on the screen. One of these days i'll go around and fix that. That being said all buttons should work if you click on them in a normal fashion. (Even if they don't look like they do)

When you turn on the game there is a window in the center that says "Thank you for trying the GearCity Open Beta *version number*"

You can also find the version number in the about on the main menu.

Thanks for the input
Awesome! Glad its noted.

I read some other threads about touchpads on laptops being the issue? Could this be why i find i need to click multiple times on buttons? I will try with a mouse and see if that changes the issue.

I'll keep my eyes open for other small bits and pieces Smile

When id 1.11 is planned for release?

Keep up the good work
(12-12-2013, 02:14 PM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: [ -> ]I read some other threads about touchpads on laptops being the issue? Could this be why i find i need to click multiple times on buttons? I will try with a mouse and see if that changes the issue.
I don't know, that's why I brought it up. None of my laptops are fast enough to play the game! Smile

Quote:When id 1.11 is planned for release?

I believe I answered this question on the progress page after you asked it Tongue
Yup, Here ya go: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...36#pid1736

Thanks!
(12-12-2013, 10:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2013, 02:14 PM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: [ -> ]I read some other threads about touchpads on laptops being the issue? Could this be why i find i need to click multiple times on buttons? I will try with a mouse and see if that changes the issue.
I don't know, that's why I brought it up. None of my laptops are fast enough to play the game! Smile

Quote:When id 1.11 is planned for release?

I believe I answered this question on the progress page after you asked it Tongue
Yup, Here ya go: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...36#pid1736

Thanks!

I still havent had a chance to check with a mouse if the touchpad is the problem.

Also your correct, you did answer my release question for 1.11! Smile My memory is a nightmare at times haha.

OK, last night (before I'd been struck down with a vomiting bug!) I played Gearcity for about 6hrs. In that time I picked up on a few things and wrote them down this time! biggrin Some are bugs but most are suggestions (which i will put in the suggestions section to keep things tidy Smile)

Here Goes for the couple bugs I mentioned (also, in advance, sorry if i mention some that have already been pointed out/ticketed/solved)

1. "Current Results" under racetrack not listed in order from #1 in terms of current season points.
2. Dublin is named as "Dublin, United Kingdom". Hopefully this changes to "Dublin, Ireland" in 1922 when the Irish Free State is formed. If not please change it to Dublin Ireland Tongue
3. When i reached 2/1/1910 and clicked the newspaper the game crashed. I had saved just beforehand so I loaded to see if it would crash again if i repeated the action, it did.
4. I was able to retool twice with the second time costing nothing. This lead to 24 of 18 production lines being available (see pic).
[attachment=533]
I did notice though if you stopped all production from the lines in the factory and then redistributed the lines it reverted back to the correct number (in this case 18/18)
5. Should Hong Kong be "Hong Kong, Hong Kong" or "Hong Kong, China"?
6. The map changed somewhere around 1910? I guess that was meant to happen though?
7. "Vehicle Demand Report" shows sales "Very High" for vehicles still in RnD (preproduction)
8. Saved Generated Reports didnt show at first but i refreshed the reports section and they were there. However the saved generated reports never show anything. They are all just blank.
9. Vehicles that had yet to be sold at a branch (or even distributed to one) showed a "units sold" figure in branch options for "Available Vehicles".
10. Figures in the compare vehicles book on the desk have figure issues (I believe this one is already a knows problem) (see pic)
[attachment=534]
11. I noticed at one point when my share price was very close to 100$ is showed up in the office (bottom right hand corner) as share price 98^e.002 or something along those lines. Again this is probably a know issue?

Think thats it for now!

WIll keep my eyes peeled.
(12-16-2013, 08:42 AM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: [ -> ]8. Saved Generated Reports didnt show at first but i refreshed the reports section and they were there. However the saved generated reports never show anything. They are all just blank.

Ive seen this bug recently as well.
However once i pass a turn, the report shows correctly.
(12-16-2013, 08:42 AM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: [ -> ]1. "Current Results" under racetrack not listed in order from #1 in terms of current season points.
2. Dublin is named as "Dublin, United Kingdom". Hopefully this changes to "Dublin, Ireland" in 1922 when the Irish Free State is formed. If not please change it to Dublin Ireland Tongue
3. When i reached 2/1/1910 and clicked the newspaper the game crashed. I had saved just beforehand so I loaded to see if it would crash again if i repeated the action, it did.
4. I was able to retool twice with the second time costing nothing. This lead to 24 of 18 production lines being available (see pic).

I did notice though if you stopped all production from the lines in the factory and then redistributed the lines it reverted back to the correct number (in this case 18/18)
5. Should Hong Kong be "Hong Kong, Hong Kong" or "Hong Kong, China"?
6. The map changed somewhere around 1910? I guess that was meant to happen though?
7. "Vehicle Demand Report" shows sales "Very High" for vehicles still in RnD (preproduction)
8. Saved Generated Reports didnt show at first but i refreshed the reports section and they were there. However the saved generated reports never show anything. They are all just blank.
9. Vehicles that had yet to be sold at a branch (or even distributed to one) showed a "units sold" figure in branch options for "Available Vehicles".
10. Figures in the compare vehicles book on the desk have figure issues (I believe this one is already a knows problem) (see pic)

11. I noticed at one point when my share price was very close to 100$ is showed up in the office (bottom right hand corner) as share price 98^e.002 or something along those lines. Again this is probably a know issue?

Think thats it for now!

WIll keep my eyes peeled.

1) Fixed
2) Ireland was a part of UK until 1922, this is simulated in game Wink
3) Forgot to check this one, I'll do it when I get home from work.
4) I'll work on this one when I do the retooling redesign (since I can fix a number of game issues with a better retooling system)
5) Hong Kong was a part of UK until 1998 (i think), but it is autonomous, thus why it's Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
6) Yes, maps change, office changes, lot of things change in the game Wink
7) Fixed
8) I've fixed this and a few other issues in the same system.
9) Fixed, Fuel category was missing
10) I need a log file when this bug occurs!
11) Fixed, precision was set to 2, should of been 5...

Thanks for all the bugs, look forward to more!
glad ireland is simulated :p tryin to find where log files save to but can't find them. went through every folder in the directory but can't find any .log files. ran a pc wide search too but no results. do i have to generate the log files manual? if so how do i generate them?

also will look for more bugs when i have more free time.
(12-17-2013, 04:41 PM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: [ -> ]glad ireland is simulated :p tryin to find where log files save to but can't find them. went through every folder in the directory but can't find any .log files. ran a pc wide search too but no results. do i have to generate the log files manual? if so how do i generate them?

also will look for more bugs when i have more free time.

If you click on start menu, go To GearCity Open Beta, You'll see a folder called "GearCity Data Folder" or something of such. Click that and the log file will be named Logfile.log Smile
I checked out 3) It's not something pre-set, so I will need the log or the save file to fix that one...

It may be for the newspaper crash I fixed earlier?
Pages: 1 2