Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: AI Parameters - what's the -1 equivalent to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I'm getting to a more or less "playable" state in the next version of my Europe mod/map, and tonight I was looking at the AIs.  There are a lot of knobs to tweak, and there are pretty good descriptions at https://wiki.gearcity.info/doku.php?id=m...s:aieditor .

But by default, almost all of them are set to -1, such as all the funds, credit, skills, design, image, and behavior settings.

Is -1 equivalent to Medium finances/Average skills and design/Neutral image, Generic Manufacturer, and Average aggression?  Or does it behave differently?

Is it safe to set just a few AI to non-negative-one values?  Or will having one of them have values set but not others throw things off?

One of the things that I think could be a lot of fun is having manufacturers have different specializations, and this seems like the way to do it.  Mainly I just want to make sure I know what the defaults mean before changing them.
The wiki page is outdated. I will address it after I finish the Game Mechanics section of the wiki.

At some point between 1.24 and 2.0.0.0, I added the ability to generate random values for AI. The game will randomly generate values for variables with the -1 flag value. You may set them to positive values, but if you want the game to generate random values, change them to -1.
Oh, interesting! I'm glad I asked since I hadn't guessed that! I'll be tuning those knobs to make some of my AI companies non-random then! Thanks!