Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [$1000] #199 | Autoproduction Fill Full Contracts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Price: $1000

Description: When you are using autoproduction and you get a contract, the AP system will fill the minimum number of units required for the contract even if you have "Fill All Contract Requirements" enabled.

This bounty gives the AP a second pass to fill any unfilled production lines with contracted units if both the "Fill All Contract Requirements" and Autoproduction are enabled.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: Doing multiple passes of autoproduction will slow down turn times.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty is sometimes requested by users who want to fill contracts asap while using the AP system. It should be doable but will require me to duplicate a lot of code.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
Wouldn't it be easier and better for turn times if AP respected manually allocated lines for contracts?
So if I assign 3 out of 8 lines in factory X, then AP only sees factory X as having 5 lines and continues as normal.
Easier and faster, maybe. But when you get a spike in consumer sales that uses 6 lines, you'll miss an entire production line of sales. Then, I get I get a lot of negative feedback over it.

The goal of the AP system is twofold: 1) Minimal user interaction. 2) Never miss sales. Manually setting the number of contract lines limit that can't be used by consumer vehicles would break both of those.