Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Stock Market Multiple bugs Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, hi there! It's been a while since my last bug report ;-)

I've been testing 1.20 lately and found out that the stock market may be corrupted in some way

I play Hard mode, with 100+ companies. Game started in 1900, and I experienced no problem until 1920's...

It started when I started buying competitors to enlarge my vehicule sales drastically ;-)

First of all, I created a WOS with a company I recently bought. Its market cap was around 1 B$. Once I realeased it as WOS, its market cap was around 8 Billions$. That being said, the stock would eventually continue to drop until it reaches 200-300 millions. I would have been allowed to sell shares of it for some free billions but instead re-bought it for like 15$, then re-created WOS to cancel the problem.

The second, and more annoying bug I found was related to own shares. I probably broke the code while buying another company that probably owned some shares of my stock, but this I am not sure. As a result of it, when I go to the holdings buttons, it shows me Diamond Cars (my comp) twice. It indicates twice the same informations, and when I sell shares from one, it also has effect on the other! I tried to go through the problem by using merger, but it gave the same result. I was not able to restructure as the button seems to have no effect also... So I now own 80% of my shares, and when I click the shareholders buttons, it shows me: "Diamond Cars: 18,7%". Meaning the only shareholder of my company except me is me... Impossible to cancel this, I'm stuck in stock ;-)

[attachment=1304]

[attachment=1305]

And last but not least, once this happened, now I sometimes have twice the same logo in the holdings. Mine is ALWAYS there twice, but I mean other companies too. This happens sometimes but not always. That being said, it happens only when I become the "Owner" of the most shares (51%+).

To finish, I saw on another thread from 1.19 that Stock Market Bug was FIXED for 1.20 but it's not. Even when I sell of the shares I own from a company, when I go back to the holdings panel, it stills shows me 3% of this, 9% of that etc... I am not sure this is the same problem than before as I keep buying companies, so maybe the owned this prior to the buy-out, but some companies always go back to this holdings panel as I own 0% of them (a few thousand shares usually)...

I am so sorry this post is that long, but as I like and play the game since 3 years already, and as I always play hard on SM, I hope this can help ;-)

Keep up the good work Eric! Many thanks and BR!
All bugs in this thread should be taken care of for v1.20.3

Thanks again!