Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Error on startup on windows xp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the error that comes up when i try to play it reads

E:\program files\Vent\Gear City Open Beta\GearCity.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect Reinstalling this application may fix this problem .

i have reinstalled but this just keeps coming up

i apologize if this has already been asked about but i couldn't find any thing on your forums cheers
First of all it must be said that XP is an impressively old OS Tongue

I don't know if this has been reported before, but usually it helps if you can attach your logfile for Eric to see through. You should find it here:

E:\program files\Vent\Gear City Open Beta\GearCity\Logfile.log
sorry but the log file isn't thereSad
Ah. I guess the process shuts down before it manages to log anything. :\

As far as I could see from a quick search on the Steam fora, there seems to be some that are able to run this fine on Win XP 32-bit. So that doesn't seem to be the main problem at least. Maybe someone else has a clue Smile
He's playing the Open Beta and not the Steam build.

The game does work on XP.

It sounds like you need to install the visual c++ redistributable. When you reinstall the game make sure all the other check boxes are checked when installing. One may hang a while, just give it some time and it'll finish.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and we'll look toward other issues.
i have tried that but still pops up with the same error ill leave it for now
since Eric has a lot of other things to do
(05-31-2015, 03:31 PM)theemoyeti Wrote: [ -> ]i have tried that but still pops up with the same error ill leave it for now
since Eric has a lot of other things to do

Sounds like you're having issues with your VCruntime files, Here is a tutorial on how to uninstall them and reinstall them: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/au...aries.html

Our game needs: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable to be working properly for the game to work.
thanks for the help cheers
Did it work?
yes it did thank u