Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: GearCity 1.18.4 Progress Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-Tweaked tutorials to show shipping distance in branch instead of factory system.
-Fixed a couple of bugs in branch level shipping distance
-Fixed bug with new vehicles not inheriting branch level shipping distance
-Fixed number of bugs in branch level shipping distance for districts.
-Fixed Linux Unicode file save loading crash
-Fixed Belgium per capita growth rates between 1930 and 1980
-Added 6 Hood scoops
-Added 14 Rear Wings, Fins, and Lips
-Added 12 Front Bumpers
-Added 12 Rear Bumpers
-Vehicles and components can not have duplicate names now. (For vehicles this is Year Make Model Trim names.)
-Awards are now limited to vehicles being sold in the region.
-Fixed Gearbox redesign unable to select gears bug.
-Fixed Redesign component name bug.
-Fixed Idle Branches not firing employees.
-Possible fix to "district" button crash after seeing selection boxes around cities during previous turns.
-Fixed Estimated Shipping Distance Demand for Districts bug that was caused by counting branches multiple times in the district.
-Few more optimizations to squeeze a little more performance out of turn times.

I've got a few more things to look at. And a little play testing to do. We're looking at 1.18.2 on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Here's what I did since the last post:
-Autoproduction takes over branch shipping distance system. Removed GUI options when Autoproduction is enabled.
-Fixed bug in very poor counties that allow them to have $0 labor.

Updated testing to 1.18.2.

Google translation service is broken again... Last night I spent roughly 8 hours trying to install a new translation system onto our CentOS 5 server. If you came across the website last night and noticed it was down. It's because I broke it. I'll be renting a new server solely for Pootle. So hopefully we can get a stable translation system working soon.
-Fixed bug where some image ratings may go over 100 due to awards/events.
-Adjusted war effect on infrastructure. (Until I get more events such as the Marshal Plan implemented. (Coming after I implement Mod Tools))
-Adjusted Manufacture Growth rates of 1980 and beyond.
-World Map Filter for Infrastructure.
-Fixed Negative Specific Ratings bugs on high end vehicles.
-Fixed 0 units bug in District Factory Estimated Units in Shipping Distance bug when using district lock.
-Fixed bug in Marketing Skills rating. Should now go up much much more easily. (And down much less.)

Currently, 1.18.3 is 41% complete. Although the percentage may vary depending on added tickets.

The Pootle translation system is now up and running. It is slightly different than the Google system. For one it does not automatically translate between versions and requires a little human interaction to do so. I'll be having a few people do some test runs and I will test getting information out of it before I open it up to all of you guys to translate on. Smile
Marketing now works in the districting system. You can now manage multiple city's marketing as if they're one. We're now roughly 53% finished with 1.18.3.

The new translation system is operational. It's ran on my own servers so we shouldn't have any more issues that are out of my control. I will be making an announcement for it tomorrow and re-invite translators to come look/help with the project!
Last couple of days I've been porting the Districting system to the Mega Menu. I still have about two-three more days to go on it. Then I should be able to release 1.18.3.

Progress was made on the Mac port over the weekend. I have resolved the major crashing issue and will now move into OS specific code such as file loading and what have you. I will hopefully be able to put together a test demo after 1.18.4 is released. Which means GearCity will be coming to Mac on Steam very soon!!!

-View District Completion.
-Fixed bug in district factory production speed sliders
-Fixed high wealth index vehicle sales bug
-Mega Menu District Production
I've finished porting the District System over to the Mega Menu. There is one tiny little display bug in the All Forms, All Vehicles, Mega Menu District Marketing text box. (Shows the entire amount instead of the per vehicle amount.) But it is getting late and I did not want to delay 1.18.3 half a day to fix it.

So this marks the end of 1.18.3 which should have most of the features for Districting System. (Creating districts in the Mega Menu will be added at a later date.) Everything should be good to go in 12 hours or so. 1.18.3 will be released to testing build and will not have any save game changes.

1.18.4 will mostly be a clean up for a mandatory update. We'll be updating all versions of the game one step up. (Testing/Default -> 1.18.4, Stable -> 1.18, Legacy -> 1.17?) This will leave a bunch of minor features and bug fixes and improvements for 1.19.

Sometime in the next three weeks we should have a demo for the OS X port. 1.19 will include an OS X release. Please note, we'll be raising the price of the game $1 when we launch the OS X port. But that's a month or two out there. Smile

-Fixed Clone District Branch ID duplication bug
-Fixed Clone District Delete Marketing bug
-Mega Menu District Distribution
-Mega Menu View District Info
-Mega Menu District Marketing
Last day or so I spent fixing some issues with the district system. Also set up a new laptop to compile the code which should allow me to work on the game should I ever leave my office...

Two of these fixes made it into a hotpatch:
-Fixed crash in world map district production.
-Fixed MegaMenu District unable to return to District Production panel.

These will be in 1.18.4 RC 1:
-Fixed incorrect estimated shipping distance when using district locks when viewing district production
-Fixed All vehicles marketing for districts not assigning funds to vehicles not for sale.
-Fixed district marketing All Vehicle amounts in Mega Menu. Slider shouldn't jump around as much.

Some work went into the Mac port. I believe I only have to get sound, charts, and saved vehicle savings and loading working. Then I have to figure out how to make an "App" thingy... Then we should be good for a demo! Smile
-Fixed AI 0 performance bug
-Fixed Engine Modify/Clone sliders bug
-Fixed Vehicle new trim/model year slider bug
-Fixed Autowage amount slider. It will show what level you have it set at.
-Fixed Marketing Budget and Labor costs bug in View Branches
-Fixed sales bug due to AI building cars with 0 top speed. (We'll fix that soon as well)
-Moved RnD Random Value to generate every sixth turn instead of at entering RnD time.
-Increased marketing direct effect on buyer population for specific vehicles.
Wrapping up the 1.18.4 build, we're at roughly 89% finished. The plan is to release it to testing on Wednesday and then if there are no major issues, to default branch on September 1st.

Tomorrow and Friday I should be putting the final touches on the Mac Demo. This will include everything but sound and charts. I need to implement those before selling the game. But at least the demo should give me some bug tickets from other mac users and give them a taste of the game.

-Fixed bug in contract denied loss amount.
-Fixed modify chassis unit cost display bug
-Fixed modify engine price bug and values bug
-Fixed crash when designing a vehicle but then trying to save the body style for future use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7