Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: GearCity 1.15 Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Don't know if fixed in 1.15 but my game has crashed twice today in 1960 to 1970
trying to attach tyres in design.
(06-21-2014, 08:51 AM)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if fixed in 1.15 but my game has crashed twice today in 1960 to 1970
trying to attach tyres in design.

When ever you run into crashes like that please try to create a new thread in the bugs forum and upload your log file so I know where and why you crashed.

You can find the log file in the Steam Applications folder/ GearCity/GearCity/ the name of the file is logfile.log

Thanks!
Power outages prevented me from doing much work last night. We have such lovely weather here in Florida! Anyway, this is what I got done yesterday:

Report size is now dynamic.
Resizing factory smaller than currently used lines will now cancel all production in the factory.
Ending Production of a vehicle now removes it from marketing. (Vehicle will still remain in branches)
Fixed a number of GUI issues in Stand Alone Car Designer
Fixed name spacing issue when designing new model years or trims.

Today I'm going to try to knock out some bugs on the forums. Package it all up and make a patch!
Then starting Monday I'll work on user requested features until Friday then hopefully switch back to decals and finish those up by the end of the weekend!
Morning fixes:

-348 Logos resized (Should fix some crashing) However quality has been reduced. I will probably end up redoing all the logos at some point.
-Adjusted Slider Buttons change amount.
-Fixed SUV start date
-Slider Summary screen is now closed when "building" or "canceling" a design.
-Fixed vehicle comparison color for acceleration
-Bankrupt screen now takes you to main menu
-1970s UTE
-1980s Door Handle

1.14.6 has been pushed to steam. 1.14.7 will be solely focused on your minor suggestions. (Unless we run into breaking bugs.) Hopefully work won't kick my ass so much this week now that I'm back in the groove of waking up at 7am every morning.
This evening I got mouse scrolling working. Not all GUI widgets have this functionality yet. So tomorrow when I get home from work, I will work to improve and expand mouse scrolling to work on all list and combo boxes. (Currently it works for all text labels and 1 list that I'm using to test.)

I believe after that I will work on automating (ugh Tongue) tasks such as retooling, production, and displaying a recommended price (2* unitcost.) Hopefully this will help with "micromanaging" issues some people have when running large companies.
Mouse wheel scrolling should now work on every vertical scroll bar!

I have to go get dressed now, don't think I can teach tweens HTML in my undies... >.>;
(06-24-2014, 06:18 AM)Eric.B Wrote: [ -> ]I have to go get dressed now, don't think I can teach tweens HTML in my undies... >.>;

Well, certainly not without spending some time in jail, which would not bode well for the development of Gear City, I'm afraid...
Hello,

I have a very simple question... Is the patch install automatically or should i install it by myself?

In the second case can you explain me how to do it.

Thanks in advance
If you're playing the steam version of the game. It should update automatically unless you have disabled this feature.

You should have everything in the 1.15 list except decals. Smile
The game can now automatically manage your production, although not very efficiently in its current state, well enough to keep a company profitable. I still have to slap together the GUI for it, alter a few settings here and there and it should be ready to go.

Next up will be auto-retool.
21 hour day, here's what i did:

Auto Retool
Suggested Sell Price for new models
Mouse over clickables in office changes the "tip" text to explain what you're moused over
In game Video Settings will now only show supported resolutions for your monitor!
Simulate more than one turn at a time.
You can now enter exact amounts of shares you wish to buy or sale in the stock market.

I'm going to package up 1.14.7 tonight, we should have it out on steam before I go to bed.

Next few days I will do some more work on the decal system since I need to finish it before 1.15. I'll then turn to adjusting a few numbers in the RnD department with engine displacements. Then clean up minor bugs and suggestions before 1.14.8 comes out! Smile
Pushed 1.14.7 to Steam. It's mainly a frequently requested feature patch. Makes playing quick games easier I think...

Anyhoo here is a quote, cuz I don't feel like typing right now. (That's why I've been late in replying.)

Quote:1.14.7 Has been launched and is ready for your consumption. It includes mainly commonly suggested items from the community. Although I still have many more things to add!

We've also launched a new branch called "Stable" if you have save games and do not want them to break due to our frequent updates. Please use the "Stable" branch. I will be sure to give warnings before any patch that will cause save games to break.

That being said the Auto Production and Auto Retool feature will not save if you are using an old save game. They should however remember their selection status when you start a new game.

Auto Production still has some kinks and bugs to work out. So let me know how you like it?

1.14.8 I will hopefully finish the decal system so that our artist can get some decals made by the 1.15 release. Should also tackle some balancing issues and minor bugs and suggestions as always.

Hope you enjoy! Here is the change log:
-Mouse Scrolling
-Auto Production
-Auto Retool
-Suggested Sell Price for new models
-Mouse over clickables in office changes the "tip" text to explain what you're moused over
-In game Video Settings will now only show supported resolutions for your monitor!
-Simulate more than one turn at a time.
-Manual entry of buy/sell stock shares.
Always great work man. Changes are very exciting.
Not much to update, My summer job (which ends in 28 days) has been kicking my butt. Which leaves me so tired I can't program when I get home. I literally fall asleep at 20:00(8pm) now and wake up at 6:00 :| I can program for 30 hours straight on 4 hours of sleep. But man 50 kids for 10 hours really kicks my ass...

That being said, I have been making progress on the integrated text tutorial while at work. This won't be for 1.15, but it is slated for 1.16 and should help any new users and maybe even some of you guys who have been playing a while.

I return to programming for the next 4 nights, tonight! Should be finishing the decal system soon as there is only 4 more things to do.
Between last night to tonight I was able to finish decal flipping, mirroring, and storing resize state. The only remaining things left in the decal system is rotation, rotation storage, and making sure the format works in the car saving/loading system.

There is enough decal system implemented in our hidden testing room that mrx_ua can begin making some decals. So tomorrow I will start working on bugs as they have been piling up lately. I'll go back to finish up the last bit of decals in 1.14.9, and then merge it with the rest of the game for 1.15 Smile

There will probably be no patch this weekend. So it is slated for next weekend. That being said, 1.14.8 will most likely have save game changes so please move to stable stable branch or finish your current games before then!

I'll make an announcement on steam a few days before the patch to remind you.
Last two nights went to bugs, here is a list of what was done:
-Resize Factory and Branch now show current slider values
-Fixed Bankrupt Crash
-Fixed People's Republic of China issues with AI expansion.
-Possible hackish fix of SQLite leaks, which may reduce database issues.
-Possible fixed DB issues when starting a new game without closing the game.
-Fixed possible division by zero bug with factory wear.
-Fixed incorrect maximum values for factories.
-Fixed loan amount overflowing when converting to text.
-Fixed crash when designing new model years or trims from a takeover model.
-Improved GUI speed when using assisted designer.

I also started organizing the steam forums. Putting bugs in bugs forum and suggestions in suggestions forum.

Within the next few days I'll start doing the same here. With the influx of Steam posts I lost track of what is were on here. So it's time for me to go through and mark things as fixed and make notes of where is what. Luckily this is stuff I can do while I'm idle at work! Smile
(07-06-2014, 09:40 PM)Eric.B Wrote: [ -> ]-Resize Factory and Branch now show current slider values

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneeleventyone
Very old components now greatly effect sales of vehicles. This is to prevent people from using the same components designed in 1900 for 50 years in order to minimize costs. I don't think people in 1950 want their cars to be built on horse carriages! biggrin
-Excess margins effect buying pool
-Engine stat balancing.
-Fixed advice text clipping bug
-Improved UI lag (May break opengl more! Has not been tested with opengl)
-Fixed AI ratings bug.

Patching up 1.14.8, should go public in about 3-5 hours assuming nothing breaks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7