Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [FIXED]Display torque and power/torque graphs in emgine design screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could we get torque added on to the engine design screen somewhere? Currently there's no way of knowing an engines peak torque without building it.

Also, I don't know if the game actually calculates full power and torque curves (as opposed to just working out the peak values) but if it does, it'd be really cool if the game could show them to us.

Lastly, could we get all torque and power figures to display at least 2 digits (or maybe three?)? By that I mean, if the value is 10 or greater display as is, but if it's less than 10 have it show the first decimal place? This would be especially useful in early game where power outputs are single figures and would match history as early cars were often rated in fractions of a horse power. If this is too hard, maybe just displaying the first decimal place for all engines regardless?
(02-28-2014, 06:15 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: [ -> ]Could we get torque added on to the engine design screen somewhere? Currently there's no way of knowing an engines peak torque without building it.

Also, I don't know if the game actually calculates full power and torque curves (as opposed to just working out the peak values) but if it does, it'd be really cool if the game could show them to us.

Lastly, could we get all torque and power figures to display at least 2 digits (or maybe three?)? By that I mean, if the value is 10 or greater display as is, but if it's less than 10 have it show the first decimal place? This would be especially useful in early game where power outputs are single figures and would match history as early cars were often rated in fractions of a horse power. If this is too hard, maybe just displaying the first decimal place for all engines regardless?
I wont make any comment on the power readings and curves, as talk that technical is beyond my knowledge/ability.
Ive seen/been presented with them in Automation game, but i just used the max numbers in the readouts and ignored the curves.

One thing i will comment on is that Torque readouts have been suggested here and here.
There are no curves in the game (although the formulas should be able to generate them), and I think fractions would be a bit overkill on HP numbers.

Anyway, Torque information is now on display in 1.14, and PS has been replaced by kW.