Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Factory Retooling increases production lines? (possible bug)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not sure if this is a bug.
In the last update, resizing was added so that you could change the size of factories without destroying them or retooling them.
I thought one of the effects of this was that factories were no longer supposed to grow after being retooled, you had to resize to do that.

Ive just been playing a game and i noticed quite clearly that they do increase in number of lines after a retool.
This doesn't obsolete resizing, as you can still change some key design choices for the factory, but it still seems odd to me.
I thought what you're describing was an intentional design.
The way I interpret it, as a factory gets older and looses efficiency some of the lines become rundown/unusable. Retooling the factory makes those lines available again but over time they will deteriorate again.
So, retooling just gives you back access to production lines that have broken, it doesn't actually increase the number you have.
(02-07-2014, 01:17 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: [ -> ]I thought what you're describing was an intentional design.
The way I interpret it, as a factory gets older and looses efficiency some of the lines become rundown/unusable. Retooling the factory makes those lines available again but over time they will deteriorate again.
So, retooling just gives you back access to production lines that have broken, it doesn't actually increase the number you have.

Im referring to an overall increase in lines.

In the example your suggesting, i think your saying this:
Factory A is built with 20 lines
Over time it takes wear and can only use 18 lines
Factory A is retooled and gets 20 lines again.

Im not suggesting that. What i am suggesting is:
Lets say Factory A is built with 20 lines in say 1900
Over time it takes wear and its efficiency goes down, without a large effect on production numbers/lines.
In 1902 Factory A gets retooled, but now has the base number of lines of a factory built in 1902, say 24 lines.

Im not sure it is supposed to be doing that. Why? because in the last version it did, then the resizing mechanic was introduced in this version.
So my understanding of what should be happening.
Retooling only reduces the wear of the factory (increases its efficiency back up to 100)
Resizing changes the sliders of the factory without having to destroy it (so you can change the quality v quantity sliders or tech for e.g.)
Resizing changes the size of the factory, increasing the number of vehicles produced and lines to the standard at at the date of the resize. (currently retooling does this)
When you retool you're replacing worn components with new models. As with everything in technology, the newer it is the smaller it gets. You end up using the space more effectively when you retool, thus the increase in production lines.

Each factory/branch has a maximum value for it's variables, when you retool, your values go back to the maximum and you get whatever lines you can get at that time period.

When you resize the factory/branch you adjust those maximum values. Which will get you more or less lines compared to your old factory/branch...

The numbers may need to be tweaked, so I'll leave this bug report open.