Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [FIXED]Resize doesnt effect retooling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is another thread where im not sure if its supposed to be in Help, Suggestions or bugs.
I just played a game where i resized a factory twice in 2 years, mainly because of my own lack of forward thinking on my factory size.

I was surprised at the end of this to find the factory efficiency at 2%.
I was expecting every factory resize to also retool a factory.

The reason why i thought this is the factory resize lets you change things like technology and i assume production efficiency, so i would expect it to require you to redesign and replace large parts of your factory.
My understanding of retooling, as it has been explained to me, is that it represents replacing worn/used machine tools and the like, so i would be surprised if after a resize, most used parts of the factory were still present and requiring retooling.

If ive misunderstood something here i would appreciate any input.
A design bug, I'll take a look at it.
If I'm not mistaken, I fixed this issue in 1.13...
Is it a bug in 1.13 that once the factory gets around 90% efficiency and I retool it, that I gain usually 2 more.... um.... Loss for words... Car.. Lines? Company started with like 23 or something in London and I've only re-tooled and I now have like 35 lines that I can use. Again, never expanded because I didn't want to until after the war and I decide if I stay in London or go to America. But yeah, the first part of what I said.
When you retool you replace old tools with more modern tools. This should increase the amount of production lines used as modern technology will allow you to make better use of the space and make your factory more efficient.
Thank you for clearing that up!