Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: Request: List Moddable Files in the readme or a new Sticky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
21:07:56: Can't assign material Material__1234 to SubEntity of BaseCar because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
21:07:56: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Glass found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
21:07:56: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Leather found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
21:07:56: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No state found for animation named 'Entire Body_Complete_Length' in AnimationStateSet::getAnimationState at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreAnimationState.cpp (line 330)

I tried 4 times, everytime the same, i just followed your tutorial, maybe something changed?
The last line is your current issue.

You must have an animation named "Entire Body_Complete_Length" and one named "Entire Body_Complete_Width" For it to work in the game. The other errors are texture related. I will tell you how to fix those once you get the mesh in the game Smile
I didn't get it, i have animation for Length, Width, Height... Length starting from 0 to 5, Width 15-20 and Height from 30-35. Starting animation name is Body_Complete_Length etc... Btw i seen the problem is with ENTIRE body_complete, i didnt found anything for that in the tutorial, and also entire body_complete is the other meshes, and i made the animation for the base mesh and only changed the morphing values, like in the tutorial.
(01-31-2014, 01:47 PM)skyleen Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get it, i have animation for Length, Width, Height... Length starting from 0 to 5, Width 15-20 and Height from 30-35. Starting animation name is Body_Complete_Length etc... Btw i seen the problem is with ENTIRE body_complete, i didnt found anything for that in the tutorial, and also entire body_complete is the other meshes, and i made the animation for the base mesh and only changed the morphing values, like in the tutorial.

send your max file please. I am almost sure it's the tag placment issue, but I want to check
It's on page 2 Wink

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/84498600/file.html

Got some news... i made a small box and tried it again... just for test... now i have this message:
20:13:02: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Entity is not animated in Entity::getAnimationState at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreEntity.cpp (line 667)

If one day i can understand clearly that system... i will make a lot of cars biggrin
(01-31-2014, 01:55 PM)skyleen Wrote: [ -> ]It's on page 2 Wink

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/84498600/file.html

Got some news... i made a small box and tried it again... just for test... now i have this message:
20:13:02: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Entity is not animated in Entity::getAnimationState at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreEntity.cpp (line 667)

If one day i can understand clearly that system... i will make a lot of cars biggrin

1st of all - turn off Vray and set materials by setting material IDs on the mesh.. Try id=1 for car body and id=2 for glass
2 - you forgot to do a reset XForm on all 4 meshes.. delete your morph modifier, reset XForm and try again
3 - I would recomend not using the same tag name for you 1st
morph start and end tags
4 - are you sure you like that amount of polies?
5 - I've got the mesh marphing properly in max now, but I did not try exporting, since my gearcity exporter in on max 2012, and your files seems to have come from 2013, so I opened it it 2014..

Let me know what happenes
Okay, i will try that... and i dont want that amount of polies, it's just a free model from somewere to test how to make it works ingame, if i have sucess, i will start my own models...
(02-01-2014, 07:01 AM)skyleen Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, i will try that... and i dont want that amount of polies, it's just a free model from somewere to test how to make it works ingame, if i have sucess, i will start my own models...

then you are better off with a clean Max file, and a primitive shape (resembling a car maybe) to test the set-up and export..
Again, the same problem

14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Glass found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Leather found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No state found for animation named 'Entire Body_Complete_Length' in AnimationStateSet::getAnimationState at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreAnimationState.cpp (line 330)

It's a new max, also made everything what u sad... and nothing, ok i know the problem is with me, but i can't see that system clearly... Also when i morp, when i change values nothing happens...

Here's the max for it.
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/77504833/file.html
(02-01-2014, 08:25 AM)skyleen Wrote: [ -> ]Again, the same problem

14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Glass found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No SubMesh named Leather found. in Mesh::_getSubMeshIndex at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreMesh.cpp (line 1098)
14:19:04: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): No state found for animation named 'Entire Body_Complete_Length' in AnimationStateSet::getAnimationState at ..\..\ogre\OgreMain\src\OgreAnimationState.cpp (line 330)

It's a new max, also made everything what u sad... and nothing, ok i know the problem is with me, but i can't see that system clearly... Also when i morp, when i change values nothing happens...

Here's the max for it.
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/77504833/file.html

you are forgetting XFormn most likely.. rest I will look at in a second
(02-01-2014, 08:26 AM)MrX_ua Wrote: [ -> ]you are forgetting XFormn most likely.. rest I will look at in a second

No Smile i wont forget it.
1 - why do you have 2 tags in 5th frame?
2 - name and tag format is incorrect (Body_Complete_Height) must be Entire Body_Complete_*
3 - MUST use XForm on the complete main car before you copy it to do morphs, and then XForm all morph targets before you apply morph mod..
4 - take a look at this file now (hav enot tried export once again)
I'm not trying to be rude, but ill apologize ahead of time for making a suggestion that may be rude.

Perhaps you guys should either exchange emails/use PM's or just start a new dedicated topic where you can easily discuss this topic and trade specific information. (edit: I suppose you could also use the IRC built into the forum if you wanted, depending onpersonal preference.)

The reason im suggesting this is the topic/discussion has drifted very far off the original topic/post.
Ive clicked on it several times expecting to see some discussion on the topic i originally posted, only to find detailed technical discussion on an unrelated specific attempt at modding(at least i think its modding, im not sure).

Again, i hope I'm not overstepping by suggesting this, as I'm just a regular forum user, rather than a moderator.
Pages: 1 2