Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Possible Minor AI bug
This is possibly a bug with the Eisenwerk company based in Frankfurt.
By 1909 they are the most successful company in my most recent game, with branches across large parts of Europe including most cities close to Frankfurt but also distant cities like:
Bordeaux
Barcelona
Warsaw

But they have no branch in Berlin, which is likely their closest and largest market.
This choice seems weird enough that it might be a bug.

I think ive noticed this for other companies too in other games.
Personally i think most companies should be forced to have branches in the largest city in their country, even if they have to have higher prices to cover transportation.
You can make exceptions for very large countries with distant cities, but i think it would improve the sales and profitability of the AI in most cases.
Yea, that has to be a bug of some sort. Because AI should build branches/factories in major cities in their own country before other building in other nations...

The only explanation I can think of is that they bought out other companies with branches/factories in these locations. Check the Holdings button for Eisenwerk to see who they own...

Anyway I'll check this out tonight when I get to AI tweaking.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(12-22-2013, 11:55 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Yea, that has to be a bug of some sort. Because AI should build branches/factories in major cities in their own country before other building in other nations...

The only explanation I can think of is that they bought out other companies with branches/factories in these locations. Check the Holdings button for Eisenwerk to see who they own...

Anyway I'll check this out tonight when I get to AI tweaking.

They own Dulalaye, a French company which would explain all their french holdings, but nothing else by the look of it.
A lot of major fixes have been applied to the AI, which should resolve this issue.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski