Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity Progress: 1.11
Once again I find my self not updating this thread.

I've strengthened the AI somewhat, however there is a problem. After WWII the AI will go into an infinite loop designing cars. So I've been trying to figure out why...

Other than that we launched a new site, more details about that to come. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Alright, I've played with the AI enough for now, it's still not perfect, but I'm getting kinda bored working on it!

I'll move on to the marketing report/image report as well clean up any bugs in this area like the one Giacomo mentioned with the radio.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Prestige/Image report has been finished, I'll work on a marketing report shortly. Then it's off to tweaking the effects of these two and some other stuff that you'll see soon Smile

Oh, and happy new year.
Eric B., you're my new hero! Please, continue that way!

Obviously, most of the changes were points I had already checked in my games!

OMG, Beta 1.11 is going to be so great!

Any idea on the release date (of the new beta at least)?

By the way, Happy new year GC staffs and fans!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-01-2014, 09:43 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Eric B., you're my new hero! Please, continue that way!

Id like to know this as well, in looking forward to the next build.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you as well Eric. I was surprised to see you working over the holidays Smile, but i think we all appreciate the effort your putting into this game.
Marketing report has been finished, working on a Skill/Labor report and then it's off to tweaking numbers for all the image/skills/marketing modifiers. I've been needing to do it for a while. I might as well take care of it now since the internal numbers are visible.

(01-01-2014, 09:43 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Eric B., you're my new hero! Please, continue that way!

Thanks for the kind words.
1.11 is going to be a big build, our publisher ( KISS ) is going to doing some stuff with it. So I want to get it as polished as possible!

So I'm hoping to get 1.11 done around the 10-15th, leaving my self a few days to clean up the site and get some PR done by the end of January. (Best month for Indies to release news)

(01-01-2014, 10:01 AM)Arakash Wrote: Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you as well Eric. I was surprised to see you working over the holidays Smile, but i think we all appreciate the effort your putting into this game.

Thanks again for the kind words.
Yeah, I have absolutely no life! biggrin
Skills report is also finished. So now I start tweaking numbers based off these... To which the first was marketing, and that's done. Marketing won't be as effective at first, but you're company should get better at it.

Still have to tweak all the other numbers, fiddle a little more with AI, and then I'll knock out a few more bugs/suggestions on the bugs list before 1.11 is ready.
Work on imaging system continues. I've finished up the manufacturing skills/image and have finished working on most of the RnD and Design abilities effects.

I also came across what could be 2 or 3 memory leaks. If so, this could fix some of the crashing issues we've been having when you return to the office! Lets hope! biggrin

Anyway, I still have a little more to do with RnD image, like restricting components based on how good you are in that field. I should have the image system wrapped up in a day or two...

Back to work!
Last two days I've managed to knock out administration image, RnD/Design image effects, dealership image, and a few other minor issues.

I've switched back to tweaking the AI, found and fixed a bug that was reducing the amount of branches the AI would build... So I'll probably keep work on the AI for a few days, then switch to vacuuming up bugs before 1.11 is ready! Smile
Good to see how the work is going very well Smile

Also, I'm a bit surprised you got a publisher (not for the game quality Smile but because many try to publish the game on their own), but I think it can be better for sales and advertising (and also, to give you more time to focus only to the game).