Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity Progress: 1.11
I thought about trying something new. I'm going to keep a live change log on the forums so you can know what I'm working on. I fix a lot of things that aren't marked in the bug list/suggestions. I'll keep this original post with the list, feel free to add comments as I talk about what I'm working on next!

1.11 Change Log:
  • Added check to make sure new trim and new model years are valid designs.
  • Fixed two bugs in Sales Book when listing sales by Cities.
  • Fixed Display Marques bug in stock system.
  • Refreshed stock list after successful takeover.
  • Fixed Stock Overbuy back bug.
  • Integrate QuickCalc into MegaMenu
  • Factories in major war zones have a chance of being destroyed.
  • Bankruptcy takes into account the amount of stocks a company owns. (excluding its own)
  • Removed out of production vehicles from some sales book lists. Note if the vehicle is still
  • for sale it will be in some reports.
  • Delete Saves from main menu
  • Save As option to allow you to change save names.
  • Added Unit Cost to View Vehicles in branch windows.
  • Fixed Various Top Speed bugs
  • Tweaked Ultra Rich purchasing
  • New lobbying artwork
  • New union artwork
  • New HR artwork
  • Marque sell price adjusted
  • Selling a Marque now transfers Gearboxes,Chassis,and Engines of that Marque.
  • Refixed marketing wage bug
  • Fixed Factory Exploit 2 bug
  • Assigning production on world map now refreshes list.
  • Fixed model by city chart crash.
  • Fixed wrong memo text during splits/bankruptcies
  • New Contracting GUI
  • Car Design Contracting
  • New Bankrupt State Art
  • New Racing State Artwork
  • Fixed Free Component Modification Bug
  • Slight redesign and bug fixes to component modification system
  • Reduced number of dynamic casts
  • Fixed Improper Digit Grouping bug.
  • Fixed Marketing bug that didn't delete unneeded employees
  • Employee bug for cities without marketing.
  • Overlapping text bug in graphs.
  • Overflowing component ratings check.
  • A number of View Component GUI bugs.
  • Fixed new trim/model year lack of aero-drag bug.
  • Fixed stock market split bugs
  • Fixed racing results order
  • Fixed a number of minor issues in the reports GUI.
  • Fixed GUI bugs in the world map branch GUI
  • Fixed a few scientific notation bugs.
  • Fixed duplication issues caused by quick calc.
  • Showroom artwork.
  • Add or Set values for car in all branches button
  • Clone Distribution button in mega menu.
  • Factory and Branch Resize (rebuild without losing existing factory)
  • Adjusted Factory retool prices
  • Tweaked production line numbers
  • Fixed number of GUI bugs in factory/branch sections of the world map
  • AI tweaks to improve long term gameplay,
  • Adjusted Factory Cost and Branch Costs
  • Adjusted Employee figures per production line.
  • Prestige Report
  • Marketing Report
  • Labor Skill Report
  • Tweaked marketing effect numbers (was to high)
  • Tweaked Marketing skill's effect on marketing effect numbers. (Was too low)
  • Tweaked Manufacturing skill's effects
  • Tweaked various RnD and Design effects
  • Found and cleaned up some memory leaks!!!
  • More Tweaks to the AI, turn time has slowed some
  • Disabled Taxes, buggy with AI
  • Fixed over hiring bug when manually hiring employees.
  • Over hiring bug when manually hiring.
  • Phantom Branch bug
  • Spin off companies stock price.
  • Radio advert bugs
  • Cancelled Component or Vehicle research memo bug
  • Empty Body Design Combo Crash
  • Branch Retool Costs bug
  • Dawn By Kristin Burdal
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I just finished tweaking ultra rich ai buying. The amount of sales of super high priced cars would stop at (0.0014 * interestedPopulation) * random number. These values have been been adjusted to where they taper off starting at 0.003.

What does this mean? Sales for anything very very very expensive will be slightly more realistic while hopefully be hard to exploit.

My next ticket on my list is "Clean up lobbying and union screens" So I guess it's time to break out gimp and get working on some pretty GUI! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Lobbying has new artwork, heading over to the union stuff now!
Union negotiations now have a new gui. It looks a little cheesy... biggrin

I noticed a bug in the striking system that I had thought I'd fix. Going to take care of that then hop on to the next ticket: "Clean up HR department" which means I'm going to redo the GUI, and fix any bugs that are associated with the HR system.
New artwork for HR department is done, I'll start working on various bugs with the HR/manual employing stuff next.

Saturday evening typically means break time. So that comes first!
I took most of Sunday off to work on Fruluna's (our composer) website. I normally don't work on sunday/monday except at night...

Anyway, I started working on the marque issues we have. I'll be jumping back to the marketing wage bug as soon as I'm done with this. As of right now only the maque resell price has been adjusted. Hopefully I can get it all done today! Smile
Selling off a marque now transfers over gearboxes,chassis, and engines. I'm now working on the marketing wage bug again.
I've fixed the marketing wage bug from HR, seemed like I had two places in the GUI displaying the wages, but one was covering the other.

I also took care of the factory exploit bug, and included a fix to the gui which should make knowing what lines you've assigned easier.

I'm going to look into the phantom bankruptcy part 2 bug, and the crashing report bug.

After that I will probably jump over to the free modification bug, and knock out some gui redesigns of the contract system and the modification system. (I'll let ya'll know as I get them done tonight/tomorrow)
Both chart crashing bug and "phantom bankruptcy" bugs have been fixed.

I'm now going to tackle redesigning the contracting UI. Possibly get car contracting working...
Eric, Just downloaded the beta yesterday. Really indept and really looking forward to having the chance after work to sit down and play it for a few hrs. Absolutely love the transperancy in your progress too. Any estimation on 1.11 release?