Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity Progress: 1.11
(12-11-2013, 05:20 AM)Drummerdude48 Wrote: Eric, Just downloaded the beta yesterday. Really indept and really looking forward to having the chance after work to sit down and play it for a few hrs. Absolutely love the transperancy in your progress too. Any estimation on 1.11 release?

Thanks for the comments dude,

Since I work primary in education I have a huge break coming up which will give me an endless amount of free time. I plan on doing a lot of work on GC during that time. Which means I'll probably hold off on releasing 1.11 until roughly the end of December.

In January we're rolling out a new site which means a lot of PR work (and less work on the game Sad ). So I'm going to try to pack as many bug fixes/suggestions/tickets as I can into 1.11.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
On another note, I finished the contracting gui last night. While implementing vehicle contracting I hit a logic snag. Should vehicles be licensed out? Or should the originator manufacture them? Both are commonly done...

Currently components are manufactured by the seller. (So never sell your stuff for less than it cost to build!) Because I don't require you to adjust employment/factories levels for components this is easy to do both on the AI side and player implementations.

With the added dimension of manufacturing it complicates things.

I think I'm going to try to have both options. I like having my cake and eating it too!
Licensing is guaranteed to make it in the game. I'll work on that now.

Rebadging, as in a car being manufactured by one company and sold as another company will work its way in if/when I work on fleet orders. No guarantee on this sadly.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Just a little update, car contracting is almost finished. I've had a hard time focusing on programming last night and this morning. So it is progressing a little slower than anticipated. However I should be able to finish it by this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest.
New contracting gui implemented. As well as car contracting, and a few other minor bug fixes to this system...

I have some new static art for bankruptcy and racing, so i'll work that in real quick!
New bankrupt art has been integrated. It might need a little tweaking because I'm not sure if I like the "GAME OVER" logo... we'll see!
Racing Artwork is now done too, I will now be moving on to redesigning the modification system. As well as fixing a few bugs in the mod systems as well.
Thanks for keeping a log of the upcoming updates beyond the changelogs.
In other games i keep an eye on, i really appreciate getting some information on whats coming before it arrives.
Not sure if you've ever had a look at it, but the small indie dev team from the game Unreal World does the same thing, works very well.

Im really looking forward to the updates on contracts you mentioned.
I heard in another thread that Goverment/military contracts on the plan at some point. Does the work your currently doing on contracts include that?
(12-14-2013, 10:15 AM)Arakash Wrote: Thanks for keeping a log of the upcoming updates beyond the changelogs.
In other games i keep an eye on, i really appreciate getting some information on whats coming before it arrives.
Not sure if you've ever had a look at it, but the small indie dev team from the game Unreal World does the same thing, works very well.

Im really looking forward to the updates on contracts you mentioned.
I heard in another thread that Goverment/military contracts on the plan at some point. Does the work your currently doing on contracts include that?

No it doesn't include fleets (government,taxis,etc) yet. I'm not sure if I will get to that any time soon, but it is on the list. The current "Contracts" are more like design licenses for other manufacturers to use to build their own cars. I will probably eventually rename it "Design Licenses" when I implement fleet contracts.

Sadly I never heard of Unreal World, looks interesting though, I play the crap out of Nethack/Stone Soup/Dwarf Fortress, I don't see an UFW download (or the ports) for freebsd. :'(
I have fixed a couple modification bugs, as well did some minor work on the modification GUI. Didn't do too much to it, because I don't see much of a way to improve it...

I'm going to work on some minor performance tweaks now and other small issues. Then i'll probably start knocking down some of the bugs in the bug reports before jumping back to features/suggestions.
Alright I've changed some dynamic cast to static casts which should improve some loading times. As they say don't do during runtime what you can do during compile time!

I've also fixed the bug that was adding improper commas to large numbers.
If you need any missing numbers that need commas please let me know!

I'm going to continue knocking out bugs in the bug list before moving on to any more features.