Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Marketing wage
Hello,

I'm still having problems with the marketing wage when 'hiring' and 'wage setting' is on manual.

In my current game, I've just started advertising for the first time in Berlin. I set the budget and then go to marketing to hire the employees. The average marketing wage in Berlin is stated as 11. I meet this average and try to hire the maximum three employees and I only receive one. It states that the wage is set too low. So then I put it to 20 and it works fine.

In the last patch this it was the same. No mater the city, the average would almost always be 11. Yet there seemed to be a hidden figure that the computer was aware of and the user was not, so that when everything was set on automatic there would be no problems hiring.
I've been unable to reproduce this bug.

Could you send me your save file, and if you can reproduce it can you give me the exact steps...

I tried 3 or 4 times and the wages come out fine for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I don't know what cases it, nor the exact steps that lead to the bug. I'm sending you my saved game. From here, check out human resources in marketing. All the cities state an average of $11. Then go and set up a new branch in Chicago. Put some money towards newspaper advertising. Return to HR in marketing. Chicago will state an average of $11. Try and hire at this figure and you'll probably get only two people as I did. On some game turns, the figures seems to correct themselves. I can check marketing and see each city with their on probable averages.

I'm also going to send you an image of another bug related to HR in marketing. It rears it head from time to time.

Here's an image of hiring 4 marketing staff when 3 is the limit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Hard.zip (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 402)
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 63.55 KB / Downloads: 399)
Fixed the first issue. Looking into the other issue.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
This second bug, do you have a save game for it?

Does it happen before or after you apply marketing employees?
It happens after I apply marketing employees. Most of the times (if not all the times), it comes up when I have the issue of the $11 marketing wage. I try to guess the correct average and I think if I put in a figure that is very high, I gain 4 employees instead of the 3.

I don't have a save game for this one, sorry!
I put an additional check into the Hiring Checker to make sure that you can't hire more than you're trying to.

This thread is marked fix'd and will be in 1.11