Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Missing gearbox
Recently created a new trim for an existing model. After the year and a half development period, I found my new car was missing a gearbox. On some reports, the car was listed as having a un-named three speed manual, whilst on other reports it simply had nothing. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be affecting my sales!

The box from the older model was a four speed. I can't be certain, but I'm 99% sure I didn't change this on my new model trim.
I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Could you tell me where it is reporting the wrong gearbox?
It would also help if you still have the save game so I can easily duplicate the issue.

Thanks again!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Here's the saved game.

The car is "Loraine US". In almost every stat screen, the vehicle is listed as having a three speed gearbox. If I click on vehicle modification and choose new trim or new model year, then the gearbox listing is blank. As I said, I'm 99% certain I didn't design this car with a three speed (although there is a small chance I did by mistake). I do have a three speed gearbox in production. On another car in which I use this (Burden Bearer), the box is listed in the vehicle modification window. At best, the bug is just a 'not showing the name' issue and I'm a clumsy oaf who spent 18 months designing a car with the wrong box!

Attached Files
.zip   1900 (2).zip (Size: 1.63 MB / Downloads: 379)
Not sure how this occurred, as it has never happened to me. In any case I put in a check to make sure you can't design a trim/new year vehicle without a component. So hopfully this should not happen again.

This fix will be included in the 1.11 build.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I know this post is marked as fixed and 1.11 is yet to come out, but I've discovered the cause of the missing/wrong gearbox.

Current game:

I bought another company. I binned everything they made, from components to vehicles. A few months later I went to modify one of my current models with a new trim. The only things I changed, were the engine and the paint scheme. I go back and check a turn later and find that the car I'm researching has a gearbox that I didn't choose. The gearbox is a component from the company I took over AND it's a component that I'd removed from production. For whatever reason, it seems the gearbox from a company bought out, slips into the next new car model design. (although I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time).

I knew I wasn't THAT useless to have accidentally paired a crap gearbox to a decent car, in my other game!
Using this new info, I'll attempt another test or two to double check that it won't happen again...

Thanks again.