Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[FIXED]UI Changes to reduce tedium
One of the biggest killers of any kind of management game is when you have to go through tons of tedious menus.

While the amount of information available seems to be good, I think there is some information that needs to be more accessible.

For one thing there are certain things a player needs to know every turn, and as it is I have to go through atleast 3 different menus and sometimes back and forth just to manage turn to turn production.

What I suggest is to have one main page when you open the Info book that shows all the information thats needed every turn. I should be able to see the sales of each vehicle, the production, and the current stockpile. That gives me everything I need to adjust the production.

As it is I have to check the sales in the book, then go to the phone and check reserves in the 'Human Resources', then exit that and goto the map and find the factories and modify production all while remembering how many vehicles I sold.. It gets really tedious after a while.

Also there are a few other little annoyances:
1. I cannot check the stock of vehicles on the factory management from the map.
2. If I stop production of the vehicle I can no longer see my reserves, even though they exist.
3.I also cannot see the full name of vehicles when I'm setting or changing prices so it can get confusing with different model years and I have to adjust it on each dealership.
4.Also I can't seem to find where I can see the total sales of each of my vehicles; a chart would be nice.
5.Component names can't be very long and it makes naming different versions limited and annoying.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more later.
Detroit had this same issue. Their solution was the MegaMenu.

Our very own MegaMenu comes out in 1.08. It doesn't address everything yet. But it's a start. I plan on adding some of the data you mention such as stock levels in 1.10, mrx_ua has been bugging me about this for a few months. Wink

I'll add some of the minor issues you list on my bug list. They'll be taken care of whenever I get to them...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Awesome, sounds great. Smile
(09-09-2013, 08:35 PM)Drake Wrote: Also there are a few other little annoyances:
1. I cannot check the stock of vehicles on the factory management from the map.
2. If I stop production of the vehicle I can no longer see my reserves, even though they exist.
3.I also cannot see the full name of vehicles when I'm setting or changing prices so it can get confusing with different model years and I have to adjust it on each dealership.
4.Also I can't seem to find where I can see the total sales of each of my vehicles; a chart would be nice.
5.Component names can't be very long and it makes naming different versions limited and annoying.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more later.

2. I believer you can. It is possible to create a user generated report. If you select Model / Sales / inventory. If you create a user generated report, you will have to wait one turn before you can see it. I have added a example in the attachment. It gives you a idea wich models are being overproduced. However, you can't see wich factories are overproducing in order to avoid transportation costs.
4. If you go to charts --> 12 month car sales by model. You get a pretty good idea how well your cars are selling in total. You can also make selections in the chart menu to see how much a certain model is selling in all cities. It's difficult to see the difference in model years. My solution is to rename my models with a number for example mk2. Now it's a clear difference between the new and the old model.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh, looks like I forgot to add model years to the charts...
Can't believe I missed that one. I'll make note of it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I believe I've fixed all the issues in this thread except for "5.Component names can't be very long and it makes naming different versions limited and annoying." Due to issues without GUI everything has to be hard spaced. Thus giving us a limited amount of space to name things... Everything should support 18 characters. There isn't much I can do about this.

Anyhoo, distribution, production, and sales books all show reserves now. All of these changes will be included in 1.10, If I missed anything let me know!