Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]My Suggestions
I have played this game for a couple of weeks now and LOVE IT! I have finished threw to 1930 a couple of time and feel like i have explored the game fairly thoroughly. I rlly like how complete the game is with the stock market and other extras like corporate takeovers and very specific marketing options etc. I did notice a few things that i think could b changed/added.
1. More mass editing options especially for distrobution. when you are expanding it can take forever opening new branches. ('set distrobution same as ______' should be an option)
2. Mass editing by continent, the 'Sell everywere" option should have another included bar for selling say coupes in europe and trucks in north america
3. Transportation problems. Factories dont seem to deliver to closest destinations especially wen expanding with a factory overseas
4.when you have shares in a company and they are bought out or merge you dont recieve compensation for stocks or get stocks in new company
5. once i went bankrupt and i had over $60,000,000 in stocks
6. once i was earning 9mill a month and randomly lost 4BILLION!!! in a month, then back to earning 8mill?
7.In the distrobution window when u select 'view vehicle' it doesnt include 'unit production cost' which is kinda key in determinig ur selling price
8.cant delete saved game files
9.when u takeover a company u cant operate it seperately from ur own yet in ur marques u can sell it? but keep engine/gearbox/chassis/ designs which u cant use?
10. auto wage should use the average pay by city not 15% or so more
11. in distrobution window, for a single city, the shipping priority and pitch priority bars should sit at normal instead of the default message
12. what is real bennifit of the racing?

Thats all i can think of at the moment, great game tho i cant wait for the full version and get outa these oldies!
1) I like the idea, it'll probably be included.
2) This was brought up by another user, and will probably be added soon.
3) Shipping priority takes priority first. If two or more branches share the same priority it will ship to the highest price then the closest branch. I'll double check the code to make sure.
4) You're supposed to, I'll double check the code, but you should be getting paid for the merger.
5) Big mistake on my part, stock values should play into the bankruptcy stuff.
6) If that happens again PLEASE upload the logfile/save game to the site, so I can see why it did it.
7) I can't load the game right now, but I'll take a look at it when I can.
8) Should I also add a way to change the save game names?
9) I didn't quite get this question. When you take over a company you acquire everything of theirs. You can't operate it separately but you can design stuff only for it and sell things under its marque. If you sell the marque you still keep the factories and designs. In reality, you probably wouldn't keep the factories, but designs would still be yours, Ford still uses Volvo platforms these days even though they sold the company a few years ago.
10) Autowage prevents workers from going on strike. 15% guarantees that Wink
11) Will look into it.
12) Racing boosts prestige, which you can't see. Image/Prestige should boost your vehicle's stats when compared to competition's vehicles. Thus making your vehicles more desirable. This boost will get more of a boost soon. Marketing has just been fixed.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoy the game. Smile

If you think of anything else just let me know.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thnk for ur response, i should still have the saved game in relation to number 6 if u need me to send some info let me kno. As for #8 not worried about re naming just removing clutter. For #9 how do u release cars under diff marquee? Evrything else u had a good answer for Smile
For number 6 if you can upload it that would help a lot. You'll have to go to your start button, find GearCity in Programs, Click the GearCity Data Folder, zip up the save game then attach it to a post here.

For 9) when you design a car, on the right there is a combo box that should list the marques you own.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I believe I've knocked out all your suggestions/bugs. As such I'm making this thread as fixed and moving it to the implemented suggestions forum.