Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens to my investments?
Quick question...

I had shares in a company that was then taken over by another business. My share then disappeared. I didn't receive a notification about this, although I could be wrong.

What happens to the shares I own in a company, when another business takes it over? Does it matter how much of a percentage I hold? If I were the majority share owner, could I block the takeover by refusing to sell my share? In fact, if I hold any percentage.... do I have any say in what happens when that company is bought out?
If you have a majority stake (50% +1 share) then the AI can not buy out your company. You should be able to automatically take over the company if you wish.

If you own less than 50%, your vote is automatically no. (Else you'd be getting tons of votes all the time) If the other share owners vote yes, then your stock is sold. You should get the payment for your shares. Just as would happen in real life during a board approved takeover.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Nice!

Another question...

Is there any report that can show me the performance of every company's share price? I find it difficult to make comparisons between the share price performance of multiple companies when I can only view them individually.
There is not, but that's a good idea. I'll add it to the user generated reports.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski