Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Phantom Bankruptcy
I received a report that I lost my investment in a company because it filled for bankruptcy. Only problem was, this didn't really happen and the following turn I read my report on how my investment was progressing with the same company that had supposedly gone bust.

Not sure if the following has anything to do with it, but just before the supposed bankruptcy, I had invested heavily in the company. Also, the company is probably the strongest competitor in the market.... which made me very surprised when it filled for bankruptcy (...or not).

Would you like me to attach my saved game that lists the contradictory reports?
Yes, please send me the save file.

Thanks again.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Here's the file.

After this save point, I continued playing the game and a few turns latter, I receive a report that my stock in the bankrupt company had now merged. (...as opposed to splitting...). From then on, my stock report would show the company, state I had zero investment and zero return.

Attached Files
.zip   1900.zip (Size: 988.05 KB / Downloads: 388)
Ok I think I may have solved the problem, not entirely sure however.

What I believe was happening is that Ablion's funds on hands dipped into the negative. This action would put it in the possible bankrupt list which is then checked to see if they have money banked. If there was an issue deleting from the list then ablion would get a flag, 6 flags and it's bankrupt (even though it has money)

I simplified the bankruptcy checking for the AI so hopefully we won't run into this again. Now the AI only bankrupts if On Hand + Banked < 0. The AI should sell off assets long before hitting this level.

I'm marking this as fixed for now, if it happens in 1.10 please make a new thread!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Eric,

I thought I'd add this little extra note. The following has just occurred to me and I'm not sure if it'll change your perspective about the bug. Apologies in advance if this is all related and will be solved with v1.10.

I purchased shares in my own company. I had over 140 million dollars in the bank and about 2 million 'on hand'. On the same turn as receiving an announcement that my stock had split, I also received a report stating that my investment in my own company had been lost due to my company going bankrupt. Obviously I hadn't gone bust and in fact I had also made a healthy 4 mil profit on that turn.
Well the purchasing shares bug was fixed for 1.10. I can't think of anyway that would trigger a bankruptcy statement however...

Anyway thanks for the information. I believe that the current fix takes care of this issue... Guess we'll have to wait till then.