Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Open Beta 1.09
Since Beta 1.09 has come to a close and I'm going to start a new game from scratch with 1.10, I'd like to offer my sincerest praise for the fantastic game you've done so far.

I only found out about Gearcity about three weeks ago and I've played it pretty consistently since then (as you can probably guess from the number of posts I bombarded the forum with!) I enjoy almost all facets to this game and I've read that 1.10 will address some of the parts I found tedious, such as allocating marketing budgets.

Personally, this game hits a sweet spot. I really love the mix of a business strategy game set in the automotive industry. I did get into Detroit for a period of time, but after a week of play the limitations and repetitiveness dulled my interest. In Gearcity, there's a high enough level of complexity to keep me awake at night thinking about what new car model I should develop or where my next factory or branch should be. Yet despite the complexity, the user interface is simple to use and makes accessing different permutations of a car design a real pleasure.

I hope as the game continues to be refined, extra layers of detail will be added. I have the opinion that marketing and business to business interaction (such as takeovers, share purchases, contracting and the whole stock market in general), is still there to be exploited. If these other facets of the game can be brought up to the same level of depth and entertainment as the rest, then Gearcity will tick all the boxes.

Great work!

Messages In This Thread
GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Corwin86 - 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 11-01-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Corwin86 - 11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Giacomo - 11-29-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 11-29-2013, 11:26 PM