Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Open Beta 1.09
If I had to guess, I would say 90% programming, 70% scripting, 60% artwork.

The main bottleneck right now is art related *stares at mrx_ua*
We're missing key stuff for late gameplay, plus some static artwork.

There is also a lot of work to do on my end with getting the late game artwork into the game. I haven't done it yet because you guys are playing up until 1930. I try not to work on stuff you guys can't see yet. Wink

Scripting for late game events and stats are still needed. But that is easy work, although a little tedious. I also need to do a lot more balancing for long term games and a bunch of other balancing. Again, easy work but tedious and time consuming.

On the programming front I have about 45 tickets remaining. I knock out a ticket once every 2 days give or take.
About half of those tickets are the things in the suggestion forums which I'm currently working on.

The main question you probably have is when will the game be released. IF, and that's the key word, IF things go the way they're planned, we MIGHT (another key word) have a full game beta available in January-ish for a discounted price.

I'm still unsure of a full retail release. It won't be this year, but we're not that far away. As for the game being completely "done". It won't be until I have multiplayer, a way to drive the cars, and a few other things. Of course I can't waste another 1-2 years working on these things if the game is a complete flop! They'll have to come as an expansion if I can move enough units to cover my expenses...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Corwin86 - 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 11-01-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Corwin86 - 11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Giacomo - 11-29-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: GearCity Open Beta 1.09 - by Eric.B - 11-29-2013, 11:26 PM