Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Factory set-up, designing cars Manufacture design
Hello,

I am trying to understand the game mechanics in order to improve my manufacturing strategy.

I have done some testing, however it's hard to try different combinations in designing cars and factories.

I have got the following questions:

- If is design a car and I increase focus on manufacturing reqr. I increase production costs in exchange for a very small increase of vehicle stats. But how do i need to look at these numers? Are cars with a lot of stars in manufacturing reqr. easier or harder to produce? I have done some calculation, but i don't see the difference. (you can look up these numers in HR department)

Workers # produced cars Worker/ car requirement
Car 1 2675 274 9,76 51
Car 2 2652 272 9,75 58

It is just a tiny difference. I think maybe it has got something to do with my factories. But i'am not sure.

- However if i start comparing different factories versus my car designs i get really confused. I think a high tech factory should increase construction costs / fixed monthly costs, but lower labour costs by a lot. However constructing factories in the 1900 - 1910 period proves different. It's way more effective to construct factories with high focus on production quantity and quality and reduce focus on tech.

For example i have got 3 factories:

London (starting factory on normal): 9,397 fixed costs/month
Leeds (high tech factory: 290,049 fixed costs/month
Berlin (high quantity/quality) 44,237 fixed costs/month

Fixed costs increases 0,09% each month. It's not a lot, however after some time my high tech factory is becoming 40% more expensive versus my other factories per unit produced. I ended up destroying my high tech factory. Replacing it by 2 high quantity/quality factories. This desicision did not only decrease my production costs per unit, it also decreased my transport costs.

However, i thought designing a high tech factory would decreause my production costs, can someone give me advice on how this works exactly and how i can improve my production strategy? Thx in advance!

Greetings, WaterlandBaits
The factory production numbers still need a bit of balancing as they haven't been touched since the switch to production sliders a few versions ago.

As of right now:
If your car requirement is higher than the factory ability then you will have a huge penalty to production.
Tech should effect how many lines are at a factory.

The next phase is to increase the amount of production based on how far lower the car's requirements are from the factories top line ability.

Anyway, It's best not to focus on maximizing production in this build. I plan on getting it balanced for 1.09 or 1.10 and fixing a few things, along with the other balancing tweaks I've already done.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski