Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First success - Gellard
Okay, so the first company ever which was a success, was also the first one which I messed up the save file on. It ended therefore as early as 1907. (sorry for lack of actual prices, numbers, etc, but I as said I can't load the savefile, it was zip'ed and uploaded here which probably wrecked it...) I played on normal.

Anyway, Gellard was founded in Leeds year 1900. First car was an obvious choice, a microcar known as the Gellard Ladybird Mark 1 (y1900). It was fairly cheap, basic, very small chassis and engine. Sold in massive numbers. It was later followed up by a pure experiment, the Gellard Ladybirdmark1, another microcar... mad It was supposed to be called Ladybird Mark 1 Electric, since it had an electric engine but the naming f' up. This was also a success, mostly selling in London.

Besides London we also had branches in Leeds, Birmingham and Paris at the time. The factory in Leeds was quickly expanding, and by the end it had 19 production lines... I think I also built a town car at this point with the old systems, but can't remember for sure.

But weaks systems are a bit dull, not enough umpf in them. So obviously I did the sensible thing, and built a completely new set of chassis, engine and gearbox, made sure the engine compartment was as long as possible, since I threw a (I think) straight 6 in it. Wink A useless badly designed weak straight 6. After placing this setup in a Touring car and a Sedan (the tourer was called Zebra (show-off animal) and the Sedan Raven (fancy, black, fast, a bit shiny)). Directly after they finished the Raven I decided to build a new V8 to replace the straight 6.

By this time I had also decided to expand further into Europe, and I needed a new factory so I built one in Lyon, also expanding with new branches in Lyon and Marseille. At this point I also zip'ed the file and screwed there it up....

SO my first success was Gellard. I had perhaps somewhere around 12M in the bank, owned a majority of the shares in two other companies. Designed 5 cars, would shortly try to replace the old Ladybird from y1900.
Sounds pretty good. Sorry that the game screwed up. 1.09 should be a little harder as the prices have decreased some therefor it'll be harder to make so much money quickly. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Don't worry about the screwed up savefile. I like games where you fail time after time, rather than nurse you and make things willy-nilly easy.
(10-13-2013, 12:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Sounds pretty good. Sorry that the game screwed up. 1.09 should be a little harder as the prices have decreased some therefor it'll be harder to make so much money quickly. Smile

Not to go " stomping " around but I find it increasingly hard to sell cars for a high price.... I might make a save and upload it too you, I think you've set a straight limit on the max you can sell for before it decreases to a amount you make no money on, or sell none at all, Persay I make a car that cost 3.7k to manufacture, the MOST I can sell this vehicle for is only 4100 or 4200 IF I'm lucky...... which is just 400 dollars of profit per car which isn't good, since the car itself already is taking its toll ONTOP of having to pay workers to build it that have skill enough which is 22-30 which at the max level 30 dollars, you make nearly nothing off of it.. so that cap should be raised higher but somehow not abused.. I think demographics that you research should play into it, or whatever the piece in the car designer that allows you to select age, gender, and whom you are going to sell it too..
(11-19-2013, 03:52 PM)Endders Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 12:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Sounds pretty good. Sorry that the game screwed up. 1.09 should be a little harder as the prices have decreased some therefor it'll be harder to make so much money quickly. Smile

Not to go " stomping " around but I find it increasingly hard to sell cars for a high price.... I might make a save and upload it too you, I think you've set a straight limit on the max you can sell for before it decreases to a amount you make no money on, or sell none at all, Persay I make a car that cost 3.7k to manufacture, the MOST I can sell this vehicle for is only 4100 or 4200 IF I'm lucky...... which is just 400 dollars of profit per car which isn't good, since the car itself already is taking its toll ONTOP of having to pay workers to build it that have skill enough which is 22-30 which at the max level 30 dollars, you make nearly nothing off of it.. so that cap should be raised higher but somehow not abused.. I think demographics that you research should play into it, or whatever the piece in the car designer that allows you to select age, gender, and whom you are going to sell it too..

I do have to agree with you that cap needs to be raised. But not by very much. The problem is when you look wealth distribution charts they rarely give you any calculations after you get above 5x per capita. Which makes generating a realistic formulas a bit harder.

Anyway please upload a game file for me, and I'll do some tweaking in 1.10 to see if we can get some balance.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski