Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Branches effiency and strikes
Hello,

I start my games expanding very agressive. First game on normal instead of easy i went bust very quickly. Due to overextension and administrative cost, i could no longer afford my branches (i like constructing branches big for some reason, not sure why).

In order to limit costs i made a descision to manual hire / set wages. Auto wages / hire causes overspending on salaries a lot. However, lowering salaries did not increase my profit marging enough. So i continued by laying of my workers in branches. I even started new branches without any personal at all.

In multiple games i noticed sales continued on the same level as before. Even if there was no personel at all. So: i can expand my branches without personal costs. Making a huge profit! I'am not sure about the mechanics in game, however if i have a branche, requiriring 1000 workers. Having only 50 employees should reduce efficiency a lot. I don't think this is being calculated correctly.

Onother issue: i messed up setting manual wages, so one of my branches went on strike (Paris, see screenshot). I rised their salaries. 3 turns later, strike is over. However, my branch is still not selling any cars (only 1). I have uploaded a screenshot and my save game. My solution is to close my branch, and rebuild it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Darrazia.rar (Size: 431.33 KB / Downloads: 415)
It's supposed to reduce efficiency, and at one point it did. I think I commented out branch efficiency to fiddle around with turn speeds. It should be a quick fix, thanks for pointing it out I would of never caught it with the auto hiring/wage system.

When I get to working tonight I'll check the both these issues and let you know when I fix them.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Great! You could also take a look at the ratings. I'am not sure how it should work. However i notice the following:

- I start selling a car in 1901. It's percieved value is something like 51. After time passes: the value decreases in my R&D department. However my branch which started selling the car is still being rated 51. Branches which started selling the car in 1906 for example, are having significant lower ratings. I have made a screenshot, and uploaded my recent savegame. If you need more information i would be happy to help!

One more suggestion: currently it is pretty difficult to figure out how your company is comparing to other companys. Yes: it pricing versus rating is visible. However, it's is pretty difficult to see how effective my company is in marketing and branding product. For example: I have started spending a lot of money in a couple of cities in order to improve my brand image, but after a couple of years i am not sure if it's effective. I am not selling more cars versus cities without marketing.

Maybe you can take some inspriation from Capitalism Lab. In my opinion Capitalism Lab is a pretty good example, they use branche awareness and branche loyalty. In this game you get a very nice overview on how effective your marketing really is. You can see a preview here: http://bit.ly/GMyj8c it's a combination of quality/price/branche name.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Autosave.rar (Size: 714.08 KB / Downloads: 429)
I've finished everything in the orginal post and it'll be included in 1.09. However the post above this one i'm having a little issues with.

Did you add the cars with the bad ratings via the quick calculator menu? I Think the duplication of names has messed it up somehow.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I will try and explain it better.

1. I Started selling 3 models in 1900 - 1902 in my first branche London. It is now 1907, the stats of the cars have decreased over time in my R&D department.
2. I recently started (1906) selling my cars in a newer branch (Lyon). After 1906 i researched 3 new cars.
3. My ratings for new models in London en Lyon are exactly the same. However my cars i started selling in London in 1900-1902 are still being rated the same as they were in 1900. So my ratings haven't decreased in branches.
Yea I found the bug, but I also noticed other bugs with using the Quick Calc tool. So both issues have been resolved and will be included in 1.09

Sorry Smile

As far as branch awareness/ marketing, you'll see a much bigger difference in sales numbers in this up coming build. It makes it much more visible.
Great! Looking forward to 1.09!