Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability to choose components in vehicle designer
So, I've been getting a pop up when a try to manually design cars (wasn't able to force it hence no bug report, I assume you know about it anyway because it's a message written by you) that tells me something went wrong and wont let me finish the vehicle.
So, I decided to give the assisted design a spin (never really used it before but it doesn't throw the error) and I've noticed that there's no way to select which components you want to use to make your car. Seems a bit odd to me, especially when I tried to design a full sized sedan and it automatically selected my smallest chassis and engine. No matter what I did with the sliders I couldn't get it to use the bigger components (designed at the same time).

I reckon it's still a good idea to have the assisted design automatically select components but the player should have the option to overwrite the game decision and make it use different components if they want.
Yup, both issues are already on my todo list.

Also the assisted designer is not as stupid anymore, it selects much better engines now! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Woot!
Btw, for the first issue, were you using the clone sliers tool by any chance? If so that's already fixed in 1.18
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hmmmmm, you know what. I think I probably was, which could explain why I couldn't force the error because I wasn't using them then.