Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made It To 1930
Alright,

So after many attempts at trying to play i finally figured out how to make this game work for me. With 1.08 I made it to 1930 with my 10th+ company. This company is worth approximately 800-1 billion dollars and had several hundred million more in reserve.

My secret?

I only sold sedans xD But having started in many locations across the globe, the best start by far is London. China is ok, but not great. North America is tricky since it's hard to get a good footing there, and everywhere else doesn't have enough people.

Reports are your BEST friend in any scenario.

I really enjoy this game and I hope you gents release it very soon. I'm itching on getting to play up to the new millennium and make an automotive mark on the world.
Good to hear. I haven't been able to work on the game much the last two weeks due to various traveling conflicts. 1.09 is a bit delayed but hopefully it'll have a bunch of tweaks to the gameplay making it more realistic and a little harder to make a billion bucks before the depression.

I was really hoping to get the game finished by the end of the year, but it is looking less likely. I've added more features and fixed more bugs than I was planning on thanks to the user feedback we have gotten. In the end I want this to be an AWESOME game that will last ages because who knows who when someone else will throw the amount of cash I have to make another hardcore business oriented automotive management sim.

The Brits were always great at making cars until post WWII. Between the depression and the hit to manufacturing/infrastructure and high wages, London becomes a little harder in later parts of the game. That being said, it's always about location location location, until shipping becomes cheap. Wink

Also remember you're only playing with 200ai, big names like Forward and Generic Motors and Flat are not in the game yet. It'll be harder to get footing when we get about 400-500ai going! biggrin

Sedans are popular early on, the markets are dynamic though, so they will change based on consumer demand, fuel prices, and availability, if you and the AI make nothing but sedans then the world will generally want more sedans.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It helps that London has one of the highest populations to begin with. That makes it much easier to get off the ground and get going. Next play through I'm going to try and get 3-4 high tech factories going. I mean, if I have almost a billion dollars...WHY NOT?? biggrin

When you have time to work on the game and get another patch out, I'll be all over it. (Y)

Any chance it'll go past 1930?

It helps that London has one of the highest populations to begin with. That makes it much easier to get off the ground and get going. Next play through I'm going to try and get 3-4 high tech factories going. I mean, if I have almost a billion dollars...WHY NOT?? biggrin

When you have time to work on the game and get another patch out, I'll be all over it. (Y)

Any chance it'll go past 1930?
As I keep tweaking the games and more AI gets added, London will become even harder to fight for customers. Wink

Right now I'm working on marketing, so hopefully it'll be working 100% by the next patch.

There is very little chance the Betas will go past 1930. I have to dangle something over your head so that you'll pay for the game. So I have to choose between giving you a full feature game between 1900-1930 or a super stripped down version of the game for later years. (Which wouldn't help me in beta) Wink

In anycase I'm hoping to finish a "Demo" by the end of the year, which should be between 1950 and 1955ish
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Damnit! Haha, well looks like I'll have to wait a while xD

Nonetheless, I hope whatever Is hampering your progress is dealt with soon, I'd lend a hand but I've no idea what I'd be doing with code.

Btw, I dont feel as though the marketing does very much. I didn't use any whatsoever and ended up pretty successful. Is there a feature in there somewhere for "word of mouth"?
The last thing I touched before I left the house on this latest endeavor was marketing. In 1.08 it doesn't do much, in 1.09 it does a lot...

The is image ratings which are unseen, it simulates word of mouth and public perception. More so the later than the former. Word of mouth doesn't apply much to vehicles. In my opinion.