Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Beta 1.08
GearCity Beta 1.08 is out, you can get it here: www.gearcity.info/beta.html

We have moved the save game/log folder to Common Application Data to make the game work for foreign versions of windows. Of course as with all the other moves this has caused a problem with another group of users. Windows 7 and 8 users will have to give UAC permission to run GearCity. To me this is annoying and I might just go back to old-school methods of just saving everything in whatever folder you install it in. We'll see.

Now for the good news:
1.08 offers many cool features. First there is the random event system which could cause you much pain or much success. Next the map feature shows you where conflicts are in the world (little buggy) and visually shows you growth and incomes of all the cities in the world. And then there is the much requested feature; the ability to see what the AI is doing and where.

I also got a chance to touch up some of the older features such as the stock system and racing. We started implementing the Mega Menu which is similar to Detroit's.

Some of the newer features still need a little work, as does everything else! Smile

Now for some more bad news:
1.09 will be about 2 and a half weeks delayed. I won't be able to work on the core-code of the game until early October. So 1.09 will mostly be bug fixes, balancing, and scripting work. Expect it roughly at the end of October. And once again sorry for the delay.

Discussion: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=528

1.08 Change Log
-------------------------------
Fixed Production Infinite Loop Bug
Fixed Showcase crash with unfinished vehicle.
Fixed Showcase lighting issue
Fixed Various Retool Branches/Factory Bugs
Fixed, Stock System Selling Shares Bug
Fixed the bug which didn't update the bottom panel after buying/selling stock.
Adjusted AI Factory Prices
New Random Events system with 19 events.
Fixed Stock Transaction buttons pulling up the wrong windows.
New View Competition in World Map, allows you to break down by vehicle type and by company.
8 New Maps implemented in world map. This new system shows a few bugs I need to fix with wars and what have you...
Fixed Bug that allows more than 1 highest priority for a model distribution.
New MegaMenu which can be found by clicking the calculator or hitting f1 in the office. If you have played Detroit the MegaMenu should be familiar concept.
Fixed Latvia flag crash
Stock News Memo
Stock splits price fix
Stock splits news and memos.
Owned stock bankrupt memo
Fixed Incorrect stock buy cost.
Fixed AD logo.
View your stock holdings in stock menu.
Adjusted stock price gains/losses
New Paper Textures
Fixed Racing, Incorrect number of races.
Fixed bug that will delete your racing budgets and marketing.
Fixed bug allowing you to race in engine and vehicle series without an engine or vehicle.
Racing results for current year.
Racing Report Memos
Moved VENT folder to Common Application Data.

Known Bugs:
Sales Book expense crashes when designing Gearbox.
UAC required to run GC in windows 7 and 8... Stupid Microsoft.... :|
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski