Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Increasing price of Vehicles/Can't sell new versions
I'm having some issues in a recent game where the increase of cost in various components and that of the car itself is causing it to be impossible to sell new versions of my original Sedan.

My original V6 LS (luxury orientated) Sedan cost about 2200$ per unit, and was a good seller at over twice that originally.. As time went on I released a more economy orientated version with a V4 which also sells decently. but 5 years later in 1905 my latest version thats basically just an updated version of the same V6 LS sedan with newer components costs a whopping 5000$ per unit. Now this wouldn't be and issue if it would sell for 10k+, but it will not even sell more than 6 units for 7500, when I can still sell 300 units of my original sedan for 3500.. I tried removing my original Sedan from sale, but that didn't help at all it seems.

I understand that cars should increase in cost over time, but it seems the people buying them aren't willing to buy newer, better, more expensive cars. Instead they just buy whatever is cheap, even if its horribly outdated.

I know its a beta and things are still being balanced, but this needs some looking at.
Were you using the New Model Year or New Trim buttons?

1905 is a bad year to try to design a car, prices are 100% higher than average. It should steeply drop until 1915ish as modern factory techniques are implemented.

The major issue you are having came about because of an exploit that allowed for people to charge insane amounts of a car and still sell models. I haven't been able to balance the rest of the game yet to meet the new cap on prices.

All in all the jump from $2,200 to $5,000 is on par with what it should be, however ALL prices need to come down by at least half and the number of consumers needs to be reduced.

And actually cost of vehicles increases from 1900 to 1906 then quickly decreases until roughly 1934 when everything increases again. Wink

Anyhoo 1.08 comes out tomorrow or the day after, 1.09 will be a very small build and I'll probably address some balancing issues such as this. (Won't be able to implement any new features in 1.09 Sad ).
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I was using new Model Year Button.

I wonder if not changing the car body had any affect on the sales? I forgot to update that part..

I'll have to remember to design more parts pre 1905 and get some models in production in my next game.

I can't wait to try 1.08 :cool:
The early game data has been tweaked somewhat.
Prices have been dropped considerably, but so has the amount of buyers.

I still have a little work to do on it. But last time I ran the numbers until 1915 with the current 200 AI game on Hard was only 20% off real world sales and average prices were within 30%

These numbers will still need more adjusting as I add more AI companies.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski