Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Submit a Tip!
If you want to produce vehicles outside the developed world in 1900, you will have to produce vehicles much cheaper than you normally world, otherwise the population will not be able to afford them.

If your having trouble making a profit as a new player, try producing a small vehicle that is cheap to produce and cheap to design. It wont win any awards, but it will probably give you enough money to design a more expensive, better vehicle.

For Beginners, try a short game on the Easy difficulty in London or New York for a few years until you are confident enough to start a new game in a new location on Normal.
Even if you are making reliable profits from existing vehicle sales, don't forget to design new vehicles or redesign old ones. Vehicles tend to naturally drop in popularity with age.
When expanding into a new region, don't forget to build a factory first (and wait for completion), before you setup all the branches red face
In order to make sure you have access to the latest design options, try to design at least one component in each of the three categories(engine/chassis/gearbox) every 5-10 years.

(im not sure i said that very clearly, but from my recent games it seems like sound advice.)
In my (limited experience):

Two small factories are sometimes better than one large one - retooling can be expensive, and sometimes labor is cheaper in the next city over.

===

When you start out, build at least two car models that have identical internals but in different classes or styles. This lets you get a wider market without too much extra investment.

==

Always think one step ahead. As soon as you put one car in production, start working on preparing for the next one.

===

Price yourself competitively. A city's wealth may be a good starting point, but never forget to compare yourself to the competition to make sure the price you ask for is reasonable.

===

Always read the reviews that come out. While the ratings may tell you a lot, reviews will tell you what the customers are thinking.
Some marketing types are better than others, use the "Marketing Effectiveness" Report to find the most cost efficient and effective type of marketing your cities.
Just as an aside - 120 chars is kind of hard sometimes Tongue

When designing vehicles, don't be afraid to lower the quality in order to decrease the production cost.

High quality, expensive vehicles are not ideal in every situation. Focus on what your customers want in a vehicle.

Adjust the size of your branches to suit the size of the city and the number of vehicles you are selling there.
Quote:Just as an aside - 120 chars is kind of hard sometimes
Tell people to stop using 1024x768!!! Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-09-2014, 09:47 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Tell people to stop using 1024x768!!! Wink

Make it for 1920*1080 and tell people, they should have updated their system 5 years ago ? biggrin
Added all tips up to this post.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski