Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Minor bug in Text Fields
It just Happened accidentaly when i tried to name the company, i wrote a name in the field, but changed my mind. I deleted it and i kept pressing the SHIFT key and the game started to fill the text field with the last pressed letter. I tried it with different button and it happened with any button like SHIFT/Control/Caps Lock/ALT. When i press another letter and tried again, same happened with the newly pressed letter biggrin Not a big bug, but still one biggrin
This is a known bug which I haven't been able to fix since I started this game Sad Eventually I'll put in the time to get it.

I believe it has something to do with repeat key held down checker thingamabob. Since shift/alt/caplock etc do not display characters it'll display the last typed character and then repeat it as you have your finger down.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ahh then sorry why i added it twice. I didnt find the previous bug report. Sad

Btw. I know this forum is for bugs, but may i give a suggest please implement if possible a 5:4 aspect ratio resolution too (1280x1024-----5:4). Im sure not only me but lots of players still have old or low budget monitors which cant handle properly the new ratio rez's. like 16:9/16:10 and the 1024x768 also have some minor problems, the texts have little space so the game break the lines for example in the office top field.

One more thing. On my PC the game always freeze the at 1st start. when i run it 2nd time it start and run smoothly.

All other extras up, .NET ect.
(07-25-2013, 08:40 PM)Kisponyi Wrote: Ahh then sorry why i added it twice. I didnt find the previous bug report. Sad

Btw. I know this forum is for bugs, but may i give a suggest please implement if possible a 5:4 aspect ratio resolution too (1280x1024-----5:4). Im sure not only me but lots of players still have old or low budget monitors which cant handle properly the new ratio rez's. like 16:9/16:10 and the 1024x768 also have some minor problems, the texts have little space so the game break the lines for example in the office top field.

One more thing. On my PC the game always freeze the at 1st start. when i run it 2nd time it start and run smoothly.

All other extras up, .NET ect.

Don't worry, I don't think this bug has been posted in the bug reports yet.

There is a few 4:3 resolutions. I'll see if I can add a few 5:4 to the list. I'll probably also remove the 16bit color versions as they break shadows and shaders.

You mean the game freezes when you click on something like RnD Department for the first time? This is because the game is loading textures into ram/vram. After the first load the data is cached and allowing quick access to these files next time. 1.06 has fixed the skipping music issue, so it should seem less laggy. We MIGHT get a loading bar at some point in time...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Quote:You mean the game freezes when you click on something like RnD Department for the first time?

Nope, the game freezes the first time when i try to run it. The black starter screen popup and a few secs later freeze. When i run it again, it boot up and run like charm.

Resolution: I think if you can the 1280x1024 rez is one of the most common used now. I use that too. All other resolutions just dont fit on screen or overlap its edges and texts looks really weird on my PC. Possible just my monitor is fail ( cant upgrade Sad )

And thanks for the quick replies Smile

Looks really promising game i missed the old detroit style game biggrinDD
(07-26-2013, 08:57 AM)Kisponyi Wrote: Nope, the game freezes the first time when i try to run it. The black starter screen popup and a few secs later freeze. When i run it again, it boot up and run like charm.

That's interesting. Does it happens everytime you try it? If so could you send me your logs after the freeze. It is located in /MyDocuments/VENT/GearCity/Logfile.log

Quote:Resolution: I think if you can the 1280x1024 rez is one of the most common used now. I use that too. All other resolutions just dont fit on screen or overlap its edges and texts looks really weird on my PC. Possible just my monitor is fail ( cant upgrade Sad )

A quick fix for you, go into /MyDocuments/VENT/GearCity/Settings open up VideoConfig.xml in notepad or whatever and change the resolution to 1280 x 1024

If you change any settings in game, it will overwrite these settings.

And don't worry, I still use CRTs that are almost as old as me... Wink
Finally Fixed this issue, it'll be included in 1.09