Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spent 8 hours on Gear City
Hello, first i'd like to say I found out about the game a couple months back via Automation. I just downloaded it last night and ended up playing it for around 8 hours(in 2 spans).
I know the game is obviously still in beta, and that it will have its bugs, but I really like this. It's a great concept and really I think it will be much different than Automation. Same "plot" I guess, but very much different. I actually had to start over twice due to bankruptcy, but on the 3rd I figured it out. Through 1912 I had made well over 100 million and was then making 5 million a month after that.
I know you are already aware of these bugs, but in all 3 starts , I would try to click on the stock market(the first button inside the vault) and it would crash the game... and revert to the previous save, even if I manually saved it right before going into it.

I can't wait for a "fuller" demo to be released(maybe start in the 30's) and I will definetly consider buying the game.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it. biggrin

The stock bug should be fixed for the 1.05 release, which should hopefully be finished by the end of the weekend, if not the following weekend.
We'll also be opening the game up to 200 AI (not all of them start pre-1930 though) which means it should be a little harder to make that 100 million.

The "fuller" demo will probably be 1950-1960, and will come out roughly 1 month before retail. That is still a few months away, but I believe in the meantime the beta still has some replay value. Specially as I tweak and add a few more minor features.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
The beta definitely has replay value right now. So many different ways to go.
What is "a few months"? Like December-ish? Either way, can't wait to see the near completed game, really looking forward to it.
(07-05-2013, 01:37 PM)ildd Wrote: The beta definitely has replay value right now. So many different ways to go.
What is "a few months"? Like December-ish? Either way, can't wait to see the near completed game, really looking forward to it.

I've got no exact date, but December-ish would be a reasonable time frame for the demo to come out.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski