Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made $100 million by 1915!
I wanted to see how much money I could make by only selling vehicle types in North America that were in high demand. So I built a series of pickup trucks over the years... the PT40, PT50, PT70, and PT90 (the numbers denoting the horsepower). All I did was adjust the production lines to keep supply just right, and build more factories when needed (3 in total) to keep up with demand. Business is booming! Hoping to hit the $250 million mark before the end of the demo...

[Image: screenshot_2013-6-12-148-50.png]

Attached Files
.zip   save file.zip (Size: 495.57 KB / Downloads: 407)
Not bad, in the current build there isn't many AI in NA to dilute the sales... The game is currently missing American powerhouses like Generic Motors and Forward Motor Company. Wink

Just to give you a historical perspective though, Ford Model T alone sold half a million for about $220,000,000 in just 1915. Of course they did those numbers by sheer lack of profit margins. In 1914 they made $30 million in gross profits, and between 1914 and 1916 doubled from $30 million to $60 million!

(Also by selling large amounts of trucks you increase the demand for trucks. You should try selling microcars and see if you can make microcars the most popular car in the US! )

Anyhoo congrats! Sounds like I should make the game harder! And finish adding some events to decrease demand of random vehicles! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(06-12-2013, 09:38 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Not bad, in the current build there isn't many AI in NA to dilute the sales... The game is currently missing American powerhouses like Generic Motors and Forward Motor Company. Wink

Ahhh, I see - that makes sense.

Quote:Just to give you a historical perspective though, Ford Model T alone sold half a million for about $220,000,000 in just 1915. Of course they did those numbers by sheer lack of profit margins. In 1914 they made $30 million in gross profits, and between 1914 and 1916 doubled from $30 million to $60 million!

Wow! That's incredible, thanks for sharing.

Quote:(Also by selling large amounts of trucks you increase the demand for trucks. You should try selling microcars and see if you can make microcars the most popular car in the US! )

I was planning on doing that my next go around! Should be interesting to see how I do selling models that have little or no demand exclusively.

Quote:Anyhoo congrats! Sounds like I should make the game harder! And finish adding some events to decrease demand of random vehicles! biggrin

Thanks!

Make it harder?! Maybe... granted I did have it in easy mode. So perhaps leave easy mode be (for those that are still learning the game) and do as you suggested on the more difficult levels? Based on the actual historical numbers you shared, it doesn't seem unrealistic.

I also forgot to mention I nearly went bankrupt once when inventory started piling up on a few models and I failed to cut production capacity. Basically, I decreased the number of workers on a line - but forgot I still had the auto-hire button selected. Then when I changed the turn they were being re-hired, LOL! This went on for a few months and I went from about $20mm in cash to around $1mm (I was losing $3-6mm per month!) Good thing I caught that before "Washington" went bust.

Either way, I'm really excited about this game and can't wait to see the updates you have in store.

edit:

$250 million goal reached by 1925! Granted I lost a of lot of money between 1916-1921 (cash dropped from about $110mm down to around $80mm). Partly due to the war, and partly because I hadn't updated any of the products since 1912! However, with the introduction of the PT105 profits are back on track.

[Image: screenshot_2013-6-12-2318-51.png]
With the PT125 being the last in the series, profits went stratospheric. Finished the demo with $650mm in cash, LOL Roaring 20s indeed!!!! biggrin

[Image: screenshot_2013-6-13-037-52.png]

Next up, I'll try to sell microcars (and other low demand body styles) and see what kind of money can be made there.
Thanks for sharing! I've only been trying Europe, but now I feel like I want to try selling in US as well... seems like a great market Smile
Iunno my experience with the game is good so far, but really to RAKE in some hella profit, just put your factories in Canada, their unaffected by the war, sell to both EUROPE , and U.S, dilute the market with a wide variety, shut down varietys that do no sell more than 10 given 2 turns, it happens, their crap, so redesign, my R&D department always was rolling out new ideas Smile Never open retail stores in places without more than 1 million people either, it is a waste of time Iunno what is wrong with that area , but if I put a store in a place with 500,000 people, I get like 7 sales even with max advertisement.. :\ where if I just go to a city that has 1 million or more people I get 200 sales or more depending on the year etc. Good luck with future companies biggrin
(06-13-2013, 11:12 PM)Endders Wrote: INever open retail stores in places without more than 1 million people either, it is a waste of time Iunno what is wrong with that area , but if I put a store in a place with 500,000 people, I get like 7 sales even with max advertisement.. :\ where if I just go to a city that has 1 million or more people I get 200 sales or more depending on the year etc. Good luck with future companies biggrin

Sounds like you're running into AI in the smaller cities, thus why the numbers are what they are.

Once I get the full monty of AI in the game, i'll do some test and adjust the sales numbers a little bit more.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski