Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestige/Image Ratings Sometimes Shows Defunct Marques
I noticed this while considering acquiring Oldsmobile tonight.  If a single-marque company goes bankrupt, it ceases to show up in the Prestige/Image report.  However, if a marque is acquired by another company, and then that acquiring company goes bankrupt, then only the acquirer's original marque is removed from Prestige/Image, and not any child marques it has acquired.

My guess is the report excludes any marques with an active status of -1, and since these acquired-but-parent-bankrupt marques have a status of 0 (acquired), they still show up.  I'm distinguishing acquired from acquired-but-now-bankrupt in my Executive Secretary utility by doing a lookup on the parent company for all companies that show as 0 (acquired).

Confirmed in both 2.0.3.1 and 2.0.0.6 (200000060).  Admittedly I've been playing setups that are ultra-violent nightmares for survivability, resulting in more bankruptcies, so I'm more likely to notice this, and I had not noticed it when considering acquiring marques in that 2.0.0.6 save.

Sample save: BM-2.3.0.0.zip , with sites files here.  Abla was acquired by now-bankrupt Clyde, but still shows up in the list.  Whereas Aboot-Detroit simply went bankrupt and does not appear in it.

(I also realize this is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things; the positive feedback to previous reports has encouraged my natural software testing tendencies)

Side question, can a company's active status ever be -2?  I know -3 is "not yet founded", -1 is "bankrupt", 0 is "acquired", and 1 is "active".  At one point I'd guessed -2 was "discontinued", but that is "-1" with a parent company that isn't bankrupt, and I've yet to find a -2.
Quote:Side question, can a company's active status ever be -2? I know -3 is "not yet founded", -1 is "bankrupt", 0 is "acquired", and 1 is "active". At one point I'd guessed -2 was "discontinued", but that is "-1" with a parent company that isn't bankrupt, and I've yet to find a -2.

-2 is when the starting game year is past the death year of the AI company.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski