Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] AI Not Licensing Chassis in FBS (2.3.x)?
At first I thought that either the chassis I was offering were lousy, or that I'd written a bug into my chassis-licensing graph code, or both.  But after checking the database, for all of the entries in ChassisInfo, in all my 2.3.x games, RoyalityModel is always -1, and the other licensing-related columns are also -1 or 0, depending on their "not set" value.

By comparison, in 2.1.x, the AI was licensing chassis.  And they still will license gearboxes and engines in 2.3.x.

(On another note, I'm enjoying putting more of the focus on licensing, raking in millions from it each year, and almost decided to stop building cars altogether.  Pent-up demand for my ancient vehicles after the Great War convinced me not to bow out completely, but it's kinda fun just refreshing components every few years and letting everyone else deal with the coachwork)
Thanks, I will take a look at it for 2.4.

If you could upload the save game as an attachment, that would be helpful.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-12-2024, 02:15 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Thanks, I will take a look at it for 2.4.

If you could upload the save game as an attachment, that would be helpful.

It's a bit too large for an attachment, but I have two saves/sites available for download on my site at https://ajtjp.com/software/GearCity/Downloads/

BM-2.3.0.0 is the same one as for a previous report, on the base map 2.3.0.0.

Hamilton Motors 1925 is my current game, on 2.3.0.1.  It probably requires having the Great Lakes map in the media/maps folder locally, although not for just examining the database.

I have noticed that companies will buy chassis that are produced by other companies in 2.3, they just won't license them to produce them in their own factories.  I don't have a good feel for how common that is in 2.3 or earlier, as I always found that a bit too much overhead to pursue myself, despite the potential for profits.
Fixed this issue and did a little balancing. Thanks again.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski