Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GC 2nd Gear negative OEM Parts Revenue and Warranties
Hi, see attached for the save file with negative values for OEM/Warranties
As mentioned in chat, fixed. Changes will be in the upcoming update.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Awesome, this probably also fixes the cases where there are negative revenues/expenses as a whole for companies? I've been noticing extinction-level events starting around the early-mid 1990s and one of the peculiar symptoms is revenues and expenses both going negative; in my latest AI playtest, every single company (other than my "do nothing" company) went out of business. I did see that warranty costs inverted to negative in the monthly financial table in the SQL database, but off the top of my head that only explains expenses going negative, revenue going negative is still a mystery to me.

I can provide saves as well if it's helpful, including one from the Base Map (at first I thought maybe I'd caused it with my new map, but it played out essentially the same way on the base map).
(02-28-2024, 03:55 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: Awesome, this probably also fixes the cases where there are negative revenues/expenses as a whole for companies? I've been noticing extinction-level events starting around the early-mid 1990s and one of the peculiar symptoms is revenues and expenses both going negative; in my latest AI playtest, every single company (other than my "do nothing" company) went out of business. I did see that warranty costs inverted to negative in the monthly financial table in the SQL database, but off the top of my head that only explains expenses going negative, revenue going negative is still a mystery to me.

I can provide saves as well if it's helpful, including one from the Base Map (at first I thought maybe I'd caused it with my new map, but it played out essentially the same way on the base map).

Please provide the saves. The fix above only applies to issues with the dependability ratings in one section of the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(02-28-2024, 04:26 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 03:55 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: Awesome, this probably also fixes the cases where there are negative revenues/expenses as a whole for companies?  I've been noticing extinction-level events starting around the early-mid 1990s and one of the peculiar symptoms is revenues and expenses both going negative; in my latest AI playtest, every single company (other than my "do nothing" company) went out of business.  I did see that warranty costs inverted to negative in the monthly financial table in the SQL database, but off the top of my head that only explains expenses going negative, revenue going negative is still a mystery to me.

Please provide the saves. The fix above only applies to issues with the dependability ratings in one section of the game.

I have uploaded the save at https://ajtjp.com/software/GearCity/Down...-3-0-0.zip, and the Sites files at https://ajtjp.com/software/GearCity/Down...-3-0-0.zip .  The Company Report for the most recent year shows several companies with negative revenues/expenses, such as Acanadian.  Played with version 2.3.0.0, no mods, base cities map.
I can confirm these issues are fixed! It will take a little while for the data to cycle over in the save games.

I may have something out tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Awesome! I see 2.3.0.1 is out as well, I now feel ready for a "real" game on 2.3.x Great Lakes (versus a "watch the AI" game).