Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Renaming trims doesn't update everywhere correctly
TLDR: I named a trim wrong, renamed it after sales already started, made a new trim with the original name, and now the old name shows up twice in the competition view and single branch view.

I was moving too fast when I built a trim, and put the wrong engine in it. I named it "Clarion Six" (which should have been the name of the gasoline engine trim), when it should have been named "Clarion E85".  When I realized this mistake, after I'd already started sales of that trim, I renamed it to "Clarion E85", and made a new "Clarion Six" trim, so I have these listed in my parts list:

This works fine in the factories view, and most other places, including the TOP of the district branch view (but note that it DOESN'T work in the competition part at the bottom):

(While you're looking at the district branch view, note that the "Average Price" column in the top section always displays $0 as far as I can tell, even though the correct prices are listed in the bottom section).

But I still see the original name in single branch view and the competition list:

If I'd managed to finish the trim in 1907, this would be super confusing (fortunately the new trim finished in January 1908, so I can at least tell the difference between them by the year).

GearCity 2.2.0 (2nd gear).
Thanks, I believe it's just cached names not being changed in the system. I will take a look at it when I look at bugs for the next 2nd Gear release.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fixed both issues in this thread. They'll be in the v2.3.0.0 in a few days.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski