Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Car News
As I was playing today I found that I felt like I was clicking too much and going into various screens over and over trying to collect data on how my cars are selling, over producing or under producing, what cars were selling where. Either out of laziness or wisdom I felt that there should be a screen in the background that players can just look at while in the office instead of diving into many menus and charts.

One idea I was imagining was adding maybe a big white board or a big TV screen (depending on era) in the back ground of the office that would just display important info for the month. A few options to display that would really help:
  • Cars sold by model and their reserves
  • Cars sold by model and their reserves
  • Profits/losses
  • percentage of player cars sold compared to all cars sold in world
  • top 5 or top 10 cars sold internationally or by continent.

One more option that I think would be nice is showing new car models released by all companies. Then players could get the latest in car news like new models coming out, new body styles, new engine technology, etc. This way players also know when things are changing in the game regarding research and development of parts and cars instead of finding out when they go to make something new. Maybe this would be better to add in a car magazine similar to the Gear City Times newspaper since there are most likely a lot of car models that will be produced considering the amount of AI. This could also show a good timeline of cars produce and help players see a history of there company vs the AI.
This is one of our larger complaints about the game, and it's something I'll be addressing soon.

The whiteboard/tv idea is good, but it wont' work. The office artwork is static, and all of the images have already been made.

In 1.04 I've added a "Report" section to the Sales Book. Right now it only has 4 reports in it. These reports lump all the data together on one piece of paper. I'll be asking for recommendations for more reports after I release it.

Also check out the other stuff in the Sales Book, You can find Profits/Loss data, marketshare (in graph format) etc.

Anyway good ideas, I'll be setting up a thread asking for what people want and where in about a month. Smile
Hopefully we'll get this taken care of in 1.05/1.06!

I love the Magazine idea, I might actually flesh out the magazine stuff in the game using your idea! Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ok, most of these have been implemented by 1.10 in the sales book or magazine.

The magazine has had a complete redesign. It now includes AI news, new artwork, etc.

As of this writing there isn't a notice when new parts are added, however I've merged this into another ticket which may get done by the 1.10 release.

Anyway I'm marking this thread as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski